Cuddly, cute, and pint-sized dog breeds that have a pure white coat are high in demand for pet parents in the United States. These fluffy little balls of fur feature a solid white coat that encourages families to name them snowball and snowflake.
There are a variety of small white dog breeds you can choose from that will fit into your life perfectly. Each one has their own personality traits, physical traits, and needs. One important thing to keep in mind is that a pristine white coat tends to get a bit dirty and requires frequent washing and grooming sessions. However, it all depends on the type of coat.
Keep in mind that a white dog tends to have dark areas around their eyes if it’s not cleaned properly. The oozing that naturally comes from the eyes needs to be cleaned frequently and sometimes pet-friendly solutions that are specifically designed to clean the area are necessary. This cleaning process can be done at home or the groomer.
If you are ready to embark on becoming a pet parent to a fluffy little white dog, continue reading to find out which breed is your perfect match!
15 Small White Dog Breeds
West Highland White Terrier
This little energetic ball of white fur is one of the most popular options for companion and family pets in the United States. They are happy, intelligent, confident, quick, and loyal dogs. This breed dates back more than 300 years and continues to bring joy to pet owners today. They are easy to train as long as you take the time and remain patient.
- Height – 10 to 11 inches
- Weight – 15 to 20 pounds
- Physical Features – They have a long coat, pointy ears, a medium-size snout, and dark eyes. Their fur is fluffy and can grow to floor-length if not groomed frequently. They also make excellent show dogs.
A white Pomeranian is rare but some breeders specialize and have unique breeding programs for this adorable breed. This tiny dog is lively, active, bold, and inquisitive. They are a favorite of royals and are considered to be the ideal companion. Their coat is fluffy and plentiful which requires frequent grooming sessions.
- Height – 6 to 7 inches
- Weight – 3 to 7 pounds
- Physical Features – They belong to the toy group and have a double coat, short legs, pointy ears, and a joyful expression on their face.
These adorable miniature pups feature a white coat and were the top choice to be used as circus dogs. They are highly intelligent, easy to train, active, elegant, and have a low-allergen coat. They are suitable as a companion pet that stays by your side and keeps you active. They enjoy walks, toys and remain loyal to their owner throughout their lifetime.
- Height – 10 to 15 inches
- Weight – 10 to 15 pounds
- Physical Features – They have a soft hypoallergenic coat, long snout, round eyes, floppy ears, and a tail that stands up straight.
This breed is often confused for the American Eskimo dogs. However, the Samoyed has a thicker coat and is bred for herding. They are alert, have a good temperament, and enjoy working as hunters, guardians, haulers, and herders. They are an ideal choice for household pets, farms, and ranches. They require plenty of exercises and do well with active owners and families.
- Height – 1 to 2 feet
- Weight – 50 to 60 pounds
- Physical Features – They have slightly upturned corners of the mouth that makes them look like they are smiling, pointy ears, long snout, strong body double coat, and dark soulful eyes.
This muscular dog bred has a noticeable egg-shaped head, white coat, and pointy ears. They are fun, playful, mischievous, hungry, and endearing. The Bull Terrier is devoted to its owner and thrives on exercise and affection. However, they can be stubborn at times, so patience is needed during training sessions.
- Height – 21 to 22 inches
- Weight – 50 to 70 pounds
- Physical Features – They are strong, muscular, have a long tail, pointy ears, and a uniquely shaped head.
American White Shepherd
These intelligent, energetic, sweet dogs are great companions and excellent with children. They are courageous, eager to learn, easy to train, obedient, and exude an overall cheerful personality. They are loyal to their family to the extreme that they are willing to give up their lives to protect their loved ones. The White Shepherd has a course coat that is easy to groom and maintain.
- Height – 22 to 26 inches
- Weight – 77 to 85 pounds
- Physical Features – They have long legs, long tail, pointy ears, a long snout, and dark eyes.
American Eskimo Dog
This happy-go-lucky dog breed features bright white fur that needs to be groomed frequently. They are friendly, alert, make friends easy and clever. They are very social and prone to behavior issues if they are neglected. They do well in a family environment that has kids because they keep the dog entertained. This breed is eager to please and will adhere to obedience training easily.
- Height – 9 to 12 inches
- Weight – Toy 6 to 10 pounds, miniature 10 to 20 pounds, and standard 25 to 35 pounds.
- Physical Features – They have a lion type white coat, black facial features, pointy ears, long snout, and soulful dark eyes.
This breed is known as the classic lapdog and features a silky long coat. They are excellent show dogs but require plenty of grooming. Known as the ancient dog of Malta, they are accustomed to a luxurious lifestyle. They are charming, playful, and loyal companion dogs. They enjoy being close to their owner and are great lap dogs.
- Height – 7 to 9 inches
- Weight – Up to 7 pounds
- Physical Features – They have long silky hair, dark nose, mouth and eyes, short legs, smallmouth, and fluffy tail.
This super-smart, high spirited dog is known to be an amazing watchdog. They are smart, loyal, playful, and will do everything to make you happy. They are wonderful companions and always ready for an adventure such as walking outdoors, hiking riding in the car, or visiting the lake or beach. They are friendly and enjoy being around their owner as much as possible.
- Height – 12 to 15 inches
- Weight – 10 to 25 pounds
- Physical Features – They have short legs, a joyful expression on their face, a black nose and eyes, pointy ears, and a curly tail.
This dog breed is known as a social butterfly. They are highly curious about humans, other dogs, and everything in their environment. Intelligent, outgoing, and fun to be around, this breed brings cheer to everyone they see. They are native to Cuba and known for having a spring in their step. Apartment dwellers will enjoy having this bundle of cheer around because they adapt well to living conditions.
- Height – 8.5 to 11.5 inches
- Weight – 7 to 13 pounds
- Physical Features – They have a tail that curls over, a silky coat, a sturdy body, floppy ears, a long snout, and big eyes.
Friendly and cute, this dog breed is cross bred between a Coton de Tulear and Maltese. Their white fuzzy coat needs occasional grooming. They have a sweet nature, loyal to their owner, and require walks and exercise.
- Height – 17 to 20 inches
- Weight – 35 to 44 pounds
- Physical Features – They have a white wavy or curly coat, floppy ears, dark nose, eyes and mouth, sturdy body, and long tail.
Coton de Tulear
This hypoallergenic breed is well known for its cotton-like white fur. They have a fun personality and often make their owners laugh. Their happy-go-lucky attitude is shown with the joyful expression on their face. They are charming and love to follow their owner around the house.
- Height – 10 to 11 inches
- Weight – 8 to 15 pounds
- Physical Features – They have a pure white coat, dark almond-shaped eyes, floppy ears, a black nose, and a permanent smile on their face.
This sweet sensitive dog breed is originally shy towards strangers but warms up quickly when they are socialized properly. They love being next to their owner all day and night. Leaving them alone for long periods of time will cause them to have separation anxiety. This breed is perfectly suited for those who stay home most of the time and seek a companion dog.
- Height – 10 to 12 inches
- Weight – 5 to 9 pounds
- Physical Features – They have a frizzy white coat that tends to grow long quickly. Their nose and eyes are dark. This breed has short legs and appears low to the ground. If their coat doesn’t get groomed frequently, it can give the appearance of shock or surprise.
This little puffy ball of fur is kind-hearted, gentle, and cheerful. They are peppy, curious, and playful. This breed is charming, intelligent and a joy to have around the house. Easy to train and quick to adapt to city life and apartment living, this cute little fluffy dog is all smiles. They are pet-friendly and kid-friendly which makes them the ultimate family or companion dog.
- Height – 9.5 to 11.5 inches
- Weight – 12 to 18 pounds
- Physical Features – They have a playful happy-go-lucky expression on their face, dark eyes and nose, medium-sized snout, curly tail, and small ears.
White French Bull Dog
This chunky little dog is one of the most popular breeds in the world. While they are available in a variety of different color coats, the solid white coat is high in demand. They are alert, playful, adapt easily to different environments, and love to run around. The white French Bulldog is an ideal pet for couples, singles, and families.
- Height – 11 to 13 inches
- Weight – Up to 28 pounds
- Physical Features – They have a strong muscular body, short nose, large head, pointy ears, and short curly tail.
A pure white dog is available in many breeds. Find the right one for you when you match their personality, character, and physical traits to your lifestyle. If you stay home often, choose an adorable fluffy lap dog.
If you are on the go and love to exercise, choose an energetic breed that will keep up with your activity level. Welcoming a pure white dog breed into your life is rewarding. Get started by choosing the breed you like the most and find a reputable breeder!