Congratulations! You have become a proud pet parent of an adorable puppy. Now, you need to start obedience training your little fur baby immediately. Your goal is to raise a happy well-behaved puppy that grows into an obedient and socialized dog.
Using treats to encourage your puppy to follow your verbal demands is a popular and successful way to train your puppy. You will need a lot of patience during the training process as well as the best puppy treats for training.
You need to use them as a reward for good behavior and for following your demands. Avoid giving your pup them during training sessions simply because he/she is cute. You want to use the most flavorful and enjoyable treats for training to encourage your puppy to earn his reward.
Best Puppy Treats for Training
Wellness Puppy Bites
- JUST FOR PUPPY: Delicious, crunchy, perfectly-sized treats specially for puppies made with premium chicken
- TRAINING & REWARDING: Great for both training your puppy and rewarding your puppy.
- ALL NATURAL: Contains only premium, all natural ingredients with no meat by-products, corn, wheat, dairy or any artificial colors and flavors.
- MADE IN CANADA: Backed by the Wellness Guarantee and proudly made only in Canada.
- HAVE YOU SWITCHED your puppy to Wellness Puppy Natural Dry & Wet Food yet?
Natural and grain-free, these wellness puppy bites are perfect for puppies that enjoy crunching on their food. These puppy training treats are sized perfectly to fit into your hand during training sessions. They are made with premium chicken and other all-natural healthy ingredients.
They don’t have any harmful ingredients such as artificial colors, corn, meat by-products, dairy wheat or artificial flavors. You can use these tasty treats to reward your dog for obeying your training commands. You can also use the treat to capture your dog’s attention by holding it in your hand.
An excellent example is when you are teaching your dog to the “sit” command. Stand in front of your dog with the treat held above his nose. As you say “sit” hold the treat directly over your puppy’s head so he needs to look upward which causes his body to automatically go into the sitting position.
Once your puppy reaches the full sitting position, reward him with the treat. Practice this technique repeatedly until you use your verbal and physical commands without the treat.
You can use treats to teach your puppy a variety of demands. Avoid giving your dog too many treats during training sessions. It’s best to use one small treat at a time and limit the overall amount to several. This will help prevent your puppy from becoming sick due to eating too many treats.
Does your puppy like running around outdoors? Teaching your puppy to “come” to you when you call his name is essential to his safety. Some pet parents teach their dog the name of treats by calling them “cookies” or “treaties.”
Dogs usually adore treats and will come running as fast as they can if they know you will give them one especially the wellness puppy bites. This means you can train your dog to come towards you just by using the word “cookies.”
Crazy Dog Train-Me!
- Manufactured In Usa
- Train Your Dog The Easy Way!
- Meat Is #1 Ingredient. No Bha, Bht, Ethoxyquin
- Created To Attract, Focus, Motivate & Reward Dog!
- Low Fat, Low Call, Good For Repetitive Training. Won'T Fill Dog.
The smaller the treat, the easier it is to handle. Keeping several treats in your hand during obedience training sessions is essential to successfully teach your dog how to behave correctly as well as cut the calorie intake in half compared to other treats.
These delicious mini dog treats are available in a variety of flavors such as chicken, beef, bacon, and salmon. The number one ingredient is meat. There’s no BHT, BHA, or ethoxyquin.
These little treats are made in the United States and created to motivate your dog to learn commands and stay focused.
Training sessions usually cause pet parents to give their puppy several treats within a short time frame. This often leads to weight gain and an unhealthy start to life. These mini treats are low calorie and low fat. This means your dog won’t feel full and refuse to eat his dinner.
These healthy treats are the best puppy treats because they are healthy and make it easy to train your puppy. Some pet parents unknowingly give their puppy treats meant for older dogs that don’t meet the nutritional requirements for puppies.
These natural treats are a perfect size and have excellent nutritional value for puppies. They are also good to bring to the dog park once your puppy is old enough which is usually more than four months old. You can use the treats to capture the attention of your pup while he is playing and socializing with the other dogs at the park.
Training treats are allowed at most dog parks but make sure you read the park rules before entering. Overall, these treats are healthy and nutritious and encourage puppies to listen to their owner’s verbal commands. Training your puppy isn’t always easy, but these mini dog treats are helpful and easy to use.
Raw Paws Pet Treats
- TRAINING DOG TREATS: Delicious and nutritious, excellent for puppy training and dogs of all sizes! Bite sized and only 2 calories, making these dog snacks perfect for frequent rewarding. Dogs love the sweet taste!
- SWEET POTATO DOG TREATS: Sweet potato training treats for dogs are made with sweet potatoes, a complex carbohydrate and a natural energy source rich in vitamins and minerals. An excellent source of vitamin A, which promotes healthy skin, coat, eyes, nerves, and muscles in dogs.
- EASY TO DIGEST: Sweet potato treats for dogs are high in dietary fiber benefiting dog and puppy digestive health. Grain and gluten free, these easily digestible treats are perfect for sensitive stomachs and dog with food allergies.
- MADE IN THE USA: 100% real, dehydrated sweet potatoes grown, dried, and packaged right here in the USA. Natural sweet potato dog treats are slowly dried to tasty perfection.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We stand behind our brand and value our customers satisfaction on every single order. If you're not completely satisfied we will provide a Full Refund - Guaranteed - no questions asked.
Do you feed your dog a vegetarian or vegan dog food and treats? It’s often difficult to find treats that adhere to vegan diet restrictions. However, the Raw Paws Pet Treats are nutritious dog treats are excellent for puppies and dogs of all ages.
They are made in the United States with dehydrated sweet potatoes that are dried to perfection. The treats are bite-sized and easy to hide in your hand. They only have two calories per treat and dogs love the taste.
An excellent source of minerals and vitamins such as vitamin A which promotes healthy muscles, eyes, coat, nerves, and skin. Dogs easily digest sweet potatoes since they are gluten and grain-free.
If your dog has allergies to dog food and treats or has a sensitive stomach, these treats are worth the try. Introduce your dog to the treats slowly by offering one to see how they digest and react to the treat. Once you notice your dog has a positive response you can continue providing the treats during training sessions.
Use the treats as a reward or as a tool to capture your dog’s attention during training. Patience is necessary when training your dog and treats will help the process go smoothly compared to non-treat sessions.
You can also use the treats anytime to teach your dog how to fetch. Throw the ball and encourage your dog to retrieve it and bring it back to you. Once he returns with the ball give him the treat as a reward.
Overall, the Raw Paws Pet Treats are helpful and easy to use. They provide an excellent added source of nutrition to your dog’s diet. You can use them during any training sessions or teach your dog specific games and other types of commands. These are must-have treats for pet parents that are providing a healthy diet for their dogs.
BLUE Wilderness Trail Treats
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: Made with more of the delicious chicken your dog loves, BLUE Wilderness Wild Bits are the soft-moist and meaty treat made to satisfy their wild side.
- MADE WITH DHA: An important fatty acid found in mother’s milk, DHA helps promote cognitive development in canines.
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: Made with omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, these dog training treats are more than just tasty, they’re healthy too!
- GRAIN FREE DOG TREATS: Featuring only the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals, Wilderness dog treats are grain free and contain no chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, and no corn, wheat or soy.
- Contains (1) 4oz bag of Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats Wild Bits High Protein Grain Free Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats, Chicken Recipe
Blue Wilderness healthy puppy training treats contain omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. These essential fatty acids help your puppy have a healthy coat and skin. You can choose from a variety of flavors such as duck, chicken, and salmon. Or why not purchase all three flavors to test out which ones your pup likes the best.
These bite-sized treats come in 4 oz bags that all include a high-quality protein source. They also have a positive effect on your puppy’s cognitive development. Pet parents that are just starting the obedience training process will find these tasty treats helpful when attempting to capture their pup’s attention.
An excellent technique that helps is to hold a few treats in your hand and show them to your puppy. Once you have his attention close your hand quickly and use your hand to give physical queues to go along with your verbal demands. Once your pup successfully completes the task reward him with one of the treats.
Chances are you will go through several treats during a training session. Avoid giving your dog too many treats to prevent stomach upset. This type of training treats is usually allowed at dog parks that have training areas. Contact your local dog park to learn the rules.
You can also use the treats around the house by training your dog to come indoors for a “treat” or “cookie.” Potty training is one of the most challenging training skills to teach most dog breeds.
Using puppy training treats to encourage and reward your dog to go on pee pads or outdoors is helpful. However, you only want to reward your pup after he has gone to the bathroom in the right area.
Overall, Blue Wilderness treats are the perfect size for training sessions and they come in a variety of flavors that captures the attention of playful puppies.
BIXBI Pocket Trainers
- BIXBI POCKET TRAINERS: Small Size + Great Flavors are Perfect For Training or as an Occassional Reward
- HEALTHY & ALL NATURAL: Less than 4 Calories Per Treat, Made Without Artificial Preservatives or Flavors
- GRAIN & GLUTEN-FREE: Made Without Grains or Gluten for Dogs with Sensitive Stomachs
- USA MADE: Bixbi Products are Made Proudly in the USA
- BIXBI PROMISE: Bixbi Pet Guarantees all Products for Quality and Freshness. Be Advised, We Cannot Guarantee any Products Sold by Non-Authorized 3rd Party Sellers
Does your pup adore the taste of peanut butter? Veterinarians often advise pet parents not to give their puppy a scoop of creamy peanut butter because if it’s too much, it can lead to suffocation and death.
These BIXBI Pocket Trainers are an excellent alternative to creamy peanut butter. This way your pup gets to enjoy the flavor of peanut butter without the risk of choking or suffocating. Pups that don’t enjoy peanut butter can also try the chicken flavor that is available.
These healthy and tasty treats are made in the United States. They are only four calories per treat and are considered a low-calorie canine training treat. Low calorie treats help prevent weight gain and unhealthy eating habits.
These gluten and grain-free treats are also great for puppies with sensitive stomachs. You don’t have to worry about feeding your dog unhealthy treats because these are all-natural and don’t have artificial flavors or preservatives.
They are the perfect size for training sessions since they fit in your hand comfortably. Their small size is convenient and the smell helps capture the attention of your puppy, even when he’s distracted. Puppies are playful and might not realize it’s time for a training session.
Showing your puppy the treats and allowing him to smell them will help capture his attention and give you enough time to teach him a command. Only reward your pup with the training treat if he accomplishes his task. This is an excellent way to encourage your puppy to work for his reward.
This works very well since most dog breeds enjoy pleasing their owners with their excellent behavior. Overall, the BIXBI Pocket Trainers Dog Treats are the perfect size for training sessions, low calorie, flavorful and allow your pup to enjoy the taste of peanut butter without the risk of it getting stuck to the roof of their mouth.
Training your puppy is a journey that you and your little one take together. You need to remain patient. Some pet parents give-in and gives their pup the treat because they look cute. While your puppy’s adorable face and soulful eyes will capture your heart, try your best not to reward him unless he follows your instruction during training sessions.
Also, you can use the treats in the house anytime to train your dog to do a variety of tasks, so be sure to have your treat bag close by. Using verbal commands and hand signals make an excellent combination for training your pup. Always reward your puppy with a treat to assure him he has reacted appropriately.
If you don’t have a treat available, reward your puppy with a pat on the head, hugs, or kisses. Rewarding your dog during training is one of the most successful training techniques used by professional dog trainers and pet parents around the world. For breed or specialty dog foods click here.
Best Puppy Treats for Training
One of the fastest ways to get your puppies attention is by food, most dogs respond very well to treats! Those recommended in this review are all great brands to try.
- Wellness Puppy Bites
- Crazy Dog Train-Me!
- Raw Paws Pet Treats
- BLUE Wilderness Trail Treats
- BIXBI Pocket Trainers