Grooming your dog can get expensive. Depending on the breed and where your dog lives, you can end up paying anywhere from $30 to $90 for keeping your dog well-groomed with nails clipped. If you have this money budgeted out, go for it.
But if you’re someone who would rather save a few dollars here and there, finding the best dog nail clippers can go a long way.
Before you embark on this adventure, be prepared for a few things. One, if you haven’t been clipping your dog’s nails since (s)he was a puppy, be prepared for hesitation, fear and a few leaps up the stairs. Two, it must be done anyway.
You need to be able to keep your dog free of infections, eye mucus, excess debris, clean ears and nails that don’t click on the floor like he’s tap dancing. He may not appreciate you fiddling with him like a smartphone, but he’ll appreciate it later, specifically when he’s not slipping on the kitchen tile floors and basement cement.
The 30 Best Dog Nail Clippers
- ★ RECOMMENDED BY PROFESSIONALS: The Boshel pet nail clipper is an ergonomically designed Powerful and easy-to-use pet grooming tool, the nail trimmer is recommended by animal trainers, veterinarians, professional pet groomers and thousands of satisfied customers as the best pet nail clippers on amazon to use for medium and large dogs and cats.
- ★ CLEAN CUTS EVERY TIME: The pet nail clippers are made out of high quality 3.5 mm thick stainless steel sharp blades, it is powerful enough to trim your dogs or cats nails with just one cut, it will stay sharp for years to come for stress-free, smooth, quick and sharp cuts.
- ★ USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: The professional dog nail clipper is designed to keep you comfortable while grooming your pet at home, it features comfortable, easy grip, non-slip, ergonomic handles which stay safely in place in your hands to ensure ease of use and prevent accidental nicks and cuts.
- ★ SAFETY STOP SERVES AS A QUICK SENSOR: The dog grooming clippers is safely Outfitted with a safety stop blade that greatly reduces the risk of cutting nails too short and injuring your dog by cutting in to the quick.
- ★ BONUS: Free mini nail file included to file the sharp nails after cutting your dogs and cats nails ,it is placed comfortably in the left handle of the clipper
Before you get ready to clip your dog’s nails, spread out each of your dog’s feet. Look for dirt and debris, and wipe off the excess as needed. Now you’re ready to use these toenail clippers.
- 5-millimeter stainless steel blade
- Deep blue
- Ergonomic handles
This ergonomically designed set of clippers comes with a bonus nail file. If done correctly, you shouldn’t have to wrestle around with clipping your dog’s nails with these ones. And it should stay sharp for years to come.
- Non-slip handles
- Safety guard to avoid overcutting
- Not intended for small dogs
- Refund and/or warranty policy is unclear
When you’re done with the clippers, feel free to utilize the mini nail file that slides into the left handle.
- ★100% SATISFACTION & WARRANTY- 60 days money back guarantee and 3-year product warranty. Contact seller (H&H Pets) directly if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist you.
- ★DESIGNED FOR SMALL PETS - Our lightweight claw clippers are designed to be used on small animals, such as small dog, kittens, puppies, ferrets, birds and even rabbits. Use them as kitten nail clippers, dog nail trimmers or as general pet nail trimmers.
- ★HIGH QUALITY AND EASY TO USE DESIGN - The stainless steel blade is hypoallergenic and durable. The handle is finished with a slip-proof coating that allows you to securely and comfortably grip them in order to prevent painful accidents. Detailed instruction is printed on the back of the package.
- ★HELP US SAVE OTHER ANIMALS - When you purchase from H&H Pets, we will donate to non-profit animal rescue organizations.
Whether you have a wiggly puppy or an adult dog, there may be a chance that your dog will try to getaway. If you have the kind of pup who yanks his paws away just from drying off snow or rain, be ready for dodging. This is why you need to keep a firm handle on each of your dog’s toes as you cut with this nail trimmer for dogs.
- Available in two sizes (Small, Medium/Large)
- Stainless steel blade
- The slip-proof coating on the handle
There is no minimum order requirement for these lightweight claw clippers. Both hypoallergenic and durable, these pet nail clippers should be comfortable to grip in order to prevent accidents.
- No minimum order requirement
- Free standard shipping
- One dog clippers review reported having to manually open the clippers each time to remove the nail
- May end up doing more shredding and half-clipping than a smooth cut
Fifteen percent of the dog nail trimmer purchase will be donated to a nonprofit animal rescue organization. If these professional dog nail clippers don’t work for you, you are covered by a money-back guarantee.
- Safe, Effective & Precise Trimming: This dog nail grinder uses an advanced diamond drum bit grinder to deliver the safest, most comfortable pet claw grinding. Recommended by veterinarians and pet grooming professionals, painlessly and precisely trim your pet's nails anywhere.
- Advanced 2-Speed Switch & 3 Grinding Ports: The trimmer features an adjustable, low-high speed design powerful enough support heavy grinding. And with 3 ports to match small, medium, or large pets, simply choose the appropriate port and speed depending on your pet's size and nail hardness.
- Super Low Noise & Vibration: Many pets get stressed by the sound and vibration of pet nail grinder. However, our electric pet nail grinder uses a superior motor with whisper-quiet technology that produces a very low vibration to keep pets calm and help sand pets claws faster and easier.
- Rechargeable & Portable: The cordless dog grinder is rechargeable and has an indicator light on the bottom that turns on when charging. Each grinder has a built-in battery that lasts 2 hours after a 3-hour charge. The lightweight and ergonomic body design also makes it easier to handle in your right or left hand.
When cutting your dog’s nails, cut from top to bottom at a slight angle instead of trying to clip the nail at a straight angle. Insert a small bit of the nail through the clipper opening, and avoid chopping off blunt angles.
- Diamond bit grinder
- Normal speed and high-speed options
- Three ports for various pet sizes (Small, Medium, Large)
Whether you’re choosing a large dog nail clipper or one of the smaller versions in dark blue or white, the sound should be reasonably nondisruptive. Use the charging input port to recharge as needed. It should last two hours after a three-hour charge, to be used in either your left or right hand.
- Low noise nail grinder (quiet office, grinder working, machine, car whistle)
- Protective sleeve to keep grinder covered and avoid accidents
- Three AAA batteries required (first three included though)
- Refund and/or warranty policy not clear
If you’re not comfortable clipping your dog’s hooves, it’s not recommended to take off the guard protector.
Bell + Howell PawPerfect
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: 7, 000 - 14, 000 rotations per minute files away long and sharp nails in minutes – high-power, but energy-efficient!
- SAFE: ultra-powerful rotating head Covered by protective sheath to ensure you and your pets safety. Nail slot keeps nails in, but skin out.
- LED LIGHT-ILLUMINATED: Built-in LED light automatically lit up when you switch PAWPERFECT on. It makes grooming so much easier (and safer too! )
- THREE MODES: high (14, 000 RPM), low (7, 000 RPM), and off, all with the press of our high quality, paw-shaped Red button!
- ROTATING FILES: fine file for bigger animals or tougher nails, and a very fine file for more delicate jobs requiring a more delicate touch (small animals).
If you have a long-haired dog, make sure to push the hair back so it does not get caught in any of the grinders or clippers. Even with the best dog nail grinder, this is a common and easily fixable issue. Trim the hair along with the dog’s paws and between his foot pads before attempting to trim the hooves.
- Automatic LED guide light when the device is switched on
- High-quality button (off, low, high settings)
- Three nail slot sizes (Small, 12.7 mm; Medium, 15.8 mm; Large, 19 mm)
Depending on the size and breed of your dog, you’ll have to decide between one of the two fine rollers or the extra fine roller. The fine rollers are suggested for bigger animals though.
- Protective sheath keeps 7,000 revolutions per minute (RPM) away from your skin or the dog’s skin
- Slip-free handle
- Paw Perfect reviews report that it may be a little louder than expected
- A couple of reviewers ended up hearing popping noises and seeing burning batteries; check all batteries carefully to make sure they’re new
This rotating file is covered by a one-year warranty.
- TRIM YOUR PET’S NAILS SAFELY: It’s easy to make a precise, safe cut with our semi-circular blades. Your pet’s nail rests in the semi-circle - you see precisely where you’re cutting - no guessing.
- A GENTLE SQUEEZE IS ALL IT TAKES: Epica’s high-grade stainless steel holds its sharp edge and won’t dull - so clipping nails is effortless and a whole lot less scary for both you and your pet.
- LOCKS CLOSED WHEN NOT IN USE: Your know your clippers are always in safety mode when you aren’t using them - just squeeze the handle and slide the lock into the safe position. Curious kids stay safe.
- RUBBER COATED HANDLES FOR A SECURE GRIP: The handles feel incredibly comfortable in your hand because of the non-slip rubber coating. Together with the rounded blades, you can clip confidently
- CHOOSE FROM 2 SIZES TO FIT YOUR DOG: Small/Medium for dogs under 60 pounds such as Beagles, Chihuahuas, Miniature Poodles and Shelties, or Large for dogs over 60 pounds such as Boxers, Labrador Retrievers, German Shepherds and Great Danes.
When cutting your dog’s nails, make sure you can still see the nail-colored area. Cut small pieces of each nail until you can see the beginning of the circle (the “quick” area). This vein runs through the nail and is quite sensitive. Do not damage it.
- Available in two sizes (Small/Medium, Large)
- Heavy-duty spring action clippers
- Rugged stainless steel
These tempered shears are good for a precise, safe cut. These semi-circular blades help you avoid guessing where to cut. You can see the clipping as you go. And you should be able to keep these clippers for the long haul, considering they shouldn’t bend, scratch or rust.
- Safety lock to avoid potential accidents from children
- Secure grip (rubber handles)
- Splintered a dog’s nails and would not make a clean cut
- Packaging for Small/Medium clippers just say they’re for small dogs, according to one reviewer
These clippers are covered by a 100 percent lifetime warranty.
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
- Sharp, durable trimmer for proper pet grooming
- Sharp stainless steel cutting edge will last a long time
- Ideal for small to medium-sized dogs
- Locking blades
Does your dog have black nails? If so, trimming may be best left to professionals unless you feel confident that you can identify the “quick” area. Just be careful when clipping. Keep styptic powder or cornstarch nearby to stop any potential bleeding.
- Stainless steel cutters
- Standard size
- Made for small and medium-sized dogs
Avoid accidents by utilizing the locking blades of this nail trimmer. Using a trimmer and the adjacent file work well together.
- Intended for long-lasting sharp edges
- Non-slip grip from rubber-coated handles
- Refund and/or warranty policy is unclear
- Not intended for large dogs
This company supports organizations such as the Morris Animal Foundation, Leader Dogs for the Blind and the Animal Behavior College.
- 【2020 UPGRADED DESIGN,MORE POWERFUL THAN OTHERS】Our dog nail grinder adopt the upgrade motor with high quality brass shaft,have much power and long service life than other nail grinder.Designed with high speed RMP so that you can finish grinding quickly and pets or cats can get freedom faster.
- 【SUITABLE FOR ALL PETS WITH 3 SIZE PORTS】The dog nail trimmer has 3 size ports with 2 speed,which is suitable for all kinds of pets.You can adjust an appropriate model to trim your pets' nail according to their size.Get our pet nail grinder,will help you to save more money to trim pet's nail at home.
- 【 ULTRA QUITE & SAFE AND PAINLESS】The pet nail grinder for dogs and cats designed with low noise less than 50 db,which can protect your pets from fear,anxiety and antipathy,will makes grinding easier.Safe and painless with the diamond bit grinder,that can reduce the risk of over cutting and hurting your pet.
- 【USB RECHARGEABLE,MORE CONVENIENT】Our rechargeable dog nail grinder including a USB wire for your convenience. Easy to operate with cordless design; You can charge it with computers, power banks, car chargers when battery runs out. Perfect for pet grooming store or home using.
- ★【Safe Buy】 We try our best to bring the best use experience to our customers.If you are unhappy with our product.Please contact our team anytime,we will provide you best service
If your dog has pretty long nails, you may want to consider trimming in small parts. Clip a little so your dog can get used to the difference. Repeat every seven to 10 days. Afterward, you should be able to click once a month.
- Available in two colors (grey, blue)
- Two-speed pet nail grinder (high speed, normal speed)
- Suitable for small, medium and large dogs
This electric dog nail trimmer, with its cordless design, has a diamond bit grinder. When you’re done using it, the indicator light will show you when it’s time to charge it. There’s also a protective cover to avoid accidentally turning it on.
- Rechargeable battery (1.5 hours for an eight-hour runtime)
- Quiet technology from brass spindle (low noise less than 50 dB)
- Warranty and/or refund policy unclear
- Several users complained that it did not grind well
This nail kit comes with free nail clippers and a trimmer. The safety guard helps you avoid trimming too much.
- Ergonomic Design- The pet nail clippers are ergonomic design, with non-slip rubber coated handles for a comfortable grip. The sturdy lightweight handle built- in spring provides you easy and fast cut, which stay safely in your hands to reduce the risk of pet injury.
- Sturdy& Durable- This professional nail clippers are made of precision thick stainless steel blades. Just trim your dog or cat with one effortless cut. And the blades are sharp enough and can last for years to use.
- Safe & Reliable- Our pet grooming clippers feature an angled head , which greatly reduces the risk of cutting nails too short with no worry about cutting the blood line of your pet.
- Great for Dogs & Cats- This pet nail clippers are suitable for Small, Medium and Large dogs and cats, and easy to storage and carry.
- 18 MONTHS After Sales Service- We offer 18 months After Sales Service for this dog nail clippers. If you meet problem, please contact us by email. We’ll reply you as soon as possible.
If your dog freaks out while you’re trying to clip her nails, don’t ignore it. A number of things may happen, including drooling, trembling, panting, whining or tail tucking.
If your dog becomes aggressive, you may want to backtrack a little to make sure your dog is comfortable with the process. With the proper nail clippers, this process may be easy enough for your dog to stop resisting.
- Available in five colors (black-blue, black, pink, blue, yellow)
- Stainless cutting head
- Suitable for small, medium and/or large dogs
Although one reviewer suggests that you clip the nails down first before using any grinders, it all comes down to how your dog behaves.
- Ergonomic cutting grip handles
- Professional quality precision
- A reviewer stated clippers are hard to squeeze
- Vibration may be distracting to some dogs
These nail clippers are covered by an 18-month warranty.
- Sharp Blade Edges: It only takes a gentle squeeze to cut the nail. This promotes precise cutting for comfort and health. It also makes you trim faster with little effort and produce smooth edges, therefore, preventing damage to your furniture and floors. With its high-grade stainless steel holding the sharp edge, clipping your dog's nails is effortless and never scary for you as well as your pet. It also comes with a nail file in the package to allow you to polish sharp nails to perfection
- Safety Lock Mechanism: You can close its locks when not in use for safety purposes. This mechanism enables these clippers to lock with its blades closed. This is a safety feature prevents accidental cuts and damage to the blades by other items kept together with. In order to keep it safe with curious kids, you just need to squeeze the handle then slide its lock for safe positioning
- Secure Grip Rubber-Coated Handles: One does not need excessive hand strength to operate these clippers. This is because of its handles which are well shaped to comfortably fit your fingers. The anti-slip rubber coating makes a super-tight and tiring holding grip not necessary. What you need is simply a normal grasp as you add apply pressure worrying not about sliding, slipping or hurting your dog
- High-Quality Stainless Steel: It is made of top grade stainless steel therefore very durable. It is for this reason that these clippers don't rust, scratch or bend. These blades stay sharp always
- Trims your dog's nails safely: Its semi-circular blades enable you to make safe and precise cuts. When your dog's nail rests in these blades, you precisely see where you are cutting. No guesswork. It's design for medium and large dogs and cats.
Why should you use nail clippers anyway? There are countless reasons to use clippers like these. Avoid accidental scratches to children and furniture. Care for your pet’s skin, and avoid inflammation.
- Safety guard and lock
- Ultra-sharp stainless steel blade
- Wavy rubber grip handle
Use the gentle handles on these clippers to apply pressure without excessive hand strength. The sharp clippers edges should only take a gentle squeeze to cut each nail. Once you’re done, use the nail file (included) in the package to sharpen nails as needed.
- Prevents overcutting
- Sharp blade edges
- Refund and/or warranty policy is not explained on the site
- Not designed for small dogs
This stainless steel pair of clippers is top grade and should be able to avoid rust, scratches or bends.
- Sharp stainless steel cutting blades
- Heavy duty, made in Italy
- The choice of veterinarians and groomers
When choosing dog nail clippers, it’s important to make sure the nails have smooth edges. Avoiding ragged edges not only will be a relief to your dog but also to your furniture and floors.
- Large size
- German sharp stainless steel cutting blades
- Intended for large dogs (more than 40 pounds)
Made in Italy, these clippers ideally will result in a clean, quick cut for each nail on your dog’s paw.
- Cutting edges remain parallel, according to one reviewer
- Not designed for small dogs
- Refund, replacement and/or warranty policy is unclear
Although these clippers are designed for large dogs, there were several users who mentioned that they didn’t work for their dogs. Consider the thickness, too, when purchasing this product.
- ★ THE ASH PETS nail clippers are intended to make your trimming and maintenance experience a smooth and easy one. It is designed with you and your pet in mind. The stainless steel blade is powerful and quick to ensure quick and painless cutting in a single stroke!
- ★ SAFETY is our highest priority and each ASH PETS nail clipper comes complete with several safety features. A safety stop can be found on the blades to prevent over-cutting your pet's nails. Additionally, a safety lock is found on the handle so that the nail clipper can be locked when not in use.
- ★ COMFORT is of upmost importance to us, that's why we created the nail clippers with soft handles. These soft handles help you have a comfortable grip so that you can cut your pet's nails easily.
- ★ BONUS features include a nile file conveniently located on the handle for easy access and a smooth finish.
Your dog may never enjoy having her nails clipped. But as with many dog activities, if a treat and being petted are results of this routine, she may look forward to it more.
- Hidden nail file (included)
- Spring mechanism
- Soft-handle grip
The super sharp blades on these trimmers will provide a clean, quick cut. This should eliminate any pain or multiple attempts to try to clip the same nail.
- Prevents overcutting
- Lock switch for protection
- Refund, replacement and/or warranty policy unclear
- One user said the clippers were meant for “large” people (more than 6 feet) and may be awkward to hold
Enjoy the soft grip comfort of these clippers, and the sharpness of both blades for proper grooming techniques.
- Resco invented the guillotine style nail trimmer in 1937 and has proudly manufactured them in the USA ever since
- Patented blade replacement technology - Replace your blade at a fraction of the cost of a new trimmer.
- Deluxe grips and premium powder coat for style, performance, and comfort
- Recommended by Vets, Vet Techs, and Groomers worldwide
- Lifetime warranty - We guarantee our products are of the highest quality and made to last
If your dog’s nails are black or you’re just not confident in clipping, try a little bit at a time. Then touch the nail you’ve clipped. If it feels spongy while you’re cutting it, you’ve gone too far and cut the quick.
- Patented blade replacement technology
- Premium powder coat
- Guillotine-style trimmer
Intended for deluxe style, performance, and comfort, this blade should be intuitive to use. And when you’re done, the cutting blade can be replaced. Avoid wasting money on repeatedly replacing the trimmer.
- Deluxe grips
- Durable construction
- One user’s veterinarian also wasn’t comfortable using these
- Several users reported that nails splintered or had ragged cuts
These clippers are covered by a conditional lifetime warranty.
- Long Battery Life for 10h Working Time: The cordless dog grinder supports 10h working time which have a long battery life, solved the trouble of having to charge in advance for each use. And includes a USB wire that you can conveniently connect to laptop, AC adapter, or power bank to charge.
- Stepless Speed Regulation: Different from the two-speed, our dog nail trimmer are designed with stepless speed regulation. You can adjust the most suitable speed of grinding nail according to the hardness of the nail. More speed choices make you can safely and efficiently trim the dog and small animal's nails.
- Powerful & Quiet Motor: Exclusively using high-quality motor, the torque is controlled to 40 dB while boosting the torque, and it can even polish the metal. Let the puppy and small animals no longer be disturbed by the noise, the large breed nail care is no longer strenuous.
- Port Fits All Kinds of Pets: Equipped with stepless speed regulation switch, the trimmer port is widely applied to small, Medium, Large pets with different size nails.You can choose an appropriate port and speed depending on your pet's size and nail hardness for nails Grinding.
- Effective & Effortless Trimming: Casifor dog nail grinders are equipped with an advanced Diamond Bit Grinder which provides faster, more precise and comfortable pet claw grinding than nail clipper.
Whether you use a nail grinder or clippers, follow the same method. Hold your dog’s paw, turn on the grinder and clip (or grind) a little at a time.
- 20-hour working time
- Two speeds (slow and fast)
This professional pet nail trimmer includes a USB wire to connect to your laptop when the battery dies. This cordless dog grinder, with three size ports, has multiple speeds for you to trim dogs at various sizes and stages.
- One charge, multiple uses
- Quiet volume (controlled to 40 dB)
- One user-preferred louder motor if it meant less time trimming
This heavy-duty electric nail grinder is covered by a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- Pet nail groomer and grinder - This rotary tool is a pet nail groomer and grinder that offers a safe, effective, less stressful alternative to using clippers on your dog’s nails. Material: High density plastic. Battery chemistry: Nickel-Cadmium (NiCd).
- Variable speed - Two rotation speeds let you safely and carefully grind the nails of your dog or pet in stages. Battery-powered device uses a 60-grit sanding drum to comfortably trim nails in a manner that is designed to be harmless and humane.
- Lightweight - The lightweight, cordless rotary tool works with two speed settings 6,500 and 13,000 RPM and an array of Dremel sanding drums and bands to give you full control even at the fastest speed.
- Battery - The 7300-PT 4.8V rotary tool is backed by a two-year warranty, 3-hour battery charge, and works with a 755-01 4.8 volt battery.
- Accessory change - In order to insert the bit into the tool, the user must first unscrew the top in order for the collect to expand, and once the bit is inserted, the user would then tighten the top to secure the bit.
Although there are complex opinions regarding dewclawing, should you choose not to, proper maintenance of dewclaws is just as important. If they grow too long (from not touching the ground), they can grow into a dog’s foot. And this is quite painful.
- Rotary grinding and grooming tool
- High-density plastic
- Two rotation speeds
If you’re not quite sure whether you prefer clippers or grinders, try both. Your dog will be the final judge on which one works best, but it couldn’t hurt to learn the perks of both. This battery-powered device (6,500 and 13,000 RPM) uses a 60-grit sanding drum to comfortably trim your dog’s nails.
- More humane than traditional clippers
- Bit tool steps require minimal assembly instructions
- Several users complained about how quickly the battery died during use
This grinder is covered by a one-year warranty, and the rotary tool is backed by a two-year warranty.
- Durable plier-style nail clipper
- Comfortable red plastic grips and a spring-loaded cutting mechanism for more positive cutting action
- Built-in guard can be moved into position to prevent the overcutting of the nails and there is a lock to hold the trimmers closed for storage and maintenance
- Nail Clippers can be used for just about all sizes of dog
- except very large breeds
First instincts may say anything that’s inexpensive may not be any good. But with an 82 percent rate of 5-star reviews, that assumption would be wrong.
- Plier-style nail clippers
- Red plastic grips
- Spring-loaded cutting mechanism
In addition to the lock to hold trimmers in place for storage, this also works out for better maintenance.
- Built-in guard to prevent overcutting
- Lock to hold trimmers in place for storage
- Not suitable for very large breeds
- The warranty policy is not specified
Ideally, these nail clippers should be handy for dogs of all sizes.
- DESIGNED FOR PET’S SAFETY FIRST - Our dog clipper has a protective guard to shield your dog’s nail from "over-trimming".
- CREATED BY TWO VETERINARIANS WITH 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE - tested by us everyday on pets
- ERGONOMIC AND RUBBER-COATED HANDLES - Easy grip non-slip handles for a comfortable grip and ensuring a safe nail trimming experience
- SUITABLE FOR LARGE DOGS AND SMALL BREEDS - Pet clippers for your canines, cats or other animals.
- 100% GUARANTEED: We want you to place your trimmer purchase with confidence, which is why our best dog toenail clippers are guaranteed by a full lifetime money-back refund.
If ever you needed a reliable source, these stainless steel dog nail clippers were created by two veterinarians with 30 years of experience that were tested by everyday dogs. Suitable for both large and small dogs, make sure to check for scaly noses and paw pads. Coconut oil should be able to treat that.
- Ergonomic design handles
- Extra strong conical spring
- Quick safety guard
These high-quality, blue clippers should be durable one year later. Intended to avoid overcutting toenails, the safety stop makes sure that nails are not cut down too short.
- Adjustable handles
- Non-slip, comfort grip handles
- Refund and/or warranty policy unclear
- Several users complained about the quality of the spring and blades
Although these clippers should be wear-resistant and durable for years to come, wipe off hair and debris to make sure it doesn’t collect.
- 【Recommended By Professionals】The KISSIN pet nail clipper set is an ergonomically designed Powerful and easy-to-use pet grooming tool, the nail trimmer is recommended by animal trainers, veterinarians, professional pet groomers and thousands of satisfied customers as the best pet nail clippers on amazon to use for medium and large dogs and cats.
- 【Professional Pet Nail Clipper Set】Professional 4 in 1 pet nail clippers set are made out of high quality 3mm stainless steel sharp blades which will offer a quick pet nail cutting without hard effort. trim your dogs or cats nails with just one cut, it will stay sharp for years to come for stress-free, smooth, quick and sharp cuts.
- 【User Friendly Design】The professional dog nail clipper is designed to keep you comfortable while grooming your pet at home, it features comfortable, easy grip, non-slip, The sturdy handles are coated with a layer of rubber , Ergonomic 'Easy-Grip' handle design secure grip to ensure ease of use and prevent accidental nicks and cuts.
- 【Safety Stop Serves As a Quick Sensor】The dog grooming clippers is safely Outfitted with a safety stop blade that greatly reduces the risk of cutting nails too short and injuring your dog by cutting in to the quick.
- 【After-Sale Warranty】You will get 4 in 1 pet nail clippers set, 12 months warranty guaranty, unconditionally refund or resend with any quality problems, 24 hours quick reply, only offered by KISSIN.
If you have a dog who is a chewer, you definitely don’t want to leave nail clippers just laying around. Investing in one’s like these with an adjustable stop blade prevents your dog from hurting herself and helps keep these in tip-top shape.
- Adjustable stop blade
- Steel screw
- Razor-sharp blade
This four-in-one stainless steel pet nail clipper set provides an opportunity to learn how to groom professionally. Trim the hard and thick parts, then the small parts, then repair tiny burrs. These 3-millimeter stainless steel sharp blades should offer a quick, clean cut.
- Prevents overcutting
- Non-slip rubber coating for easier handling
- Several users complained that the blade is not sharp enough
- One of the clipper blades broke on the first use, according to one reviewer
This set is covered by a one-year warranty, with an unconditional refund or replacement.
- 【Illuminates Light】Illuminates light the bloodline in colored nails, so you can caught in the right spot!Note: It may not be able to illuminate the quick of dark or black colored nails.
- 【Magnification & Trapper】5X magnification & doubles as a nail trapper. Nail trapper helps catch nail clippings for easy cleanup!
- 【Precise Cutting Blade】Pet nail scissor blade made of hardened steel, quick-clip precision hardened steel blade trims with ease!
- 【Comfortable Handle】Thick handle design can disperse the compression force when clipping. Make you more comfortable!
- 【Great for Dogs & Cats】More safe & easy way to trim your pet's nails. Keep your pets' nails beautifully trimmed! Please Note: Free replacement or refund if this product was broken or the light doesn't work, just contact us!
Unfortunately, some dogs may have longer quicks than others. Take note if you accidentally clip the quick on one to make sure the rest of the nails are longer. Some dog breeds such as pugs, Springer spaniels or border collies may be more likely to have longer quicks.
- LED light
- 5x magnification lens
- Nail trapper
If you’re tired of the messy results from grooming, and clipped-nails going missing, then this nail trapper will come in handy for keeping track of all of them. Also, should you happen to accidentally cut the quick, take note of how long the nail is.
- Quick-clip precision
- Comfortable handle
- May not illuminate dark or colored nails
- Refund, replacement and/or warranty policy unclear
Insert the pet’s nail through the fixed circular blade, into the clipping zone, for a precise cut.
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE: stainless steel frame, comfortable grip & easy to use safety guard.
- SAFE & EASY TO USE: built-in safety switch, so nail clippers are safe and easy to use.
- NAIL CLIPPERS FOR ALL PET SIZES: sharp blade clippers work for large dogs to small cats.
- GREAT FOR DOGS & CATS: pro grade clippers great for canines, felines, bunnies & more.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: durable nail clippers are built to last. Moneyback guarantee for life.
Should you buy new clippers if your old ones work? It depends on why you want new clippers in the first place. Several reviewers pointed out that they went back to their old ones because those did the trick. If you find a tried and true, consider buying clippers that have these exact same features instead of trying something “new.”
- Built-in safety guard and lock
- Stainless steel frame
- Available for small and medium dogs
If fashionable nail clippers are your thing, here’s an opportunity to purchase a set that is both intriguing to look at and potentially improves your dog’s maintenance job.
- Sharp blade clippers
- Suitable for pets of all sizes
- One reviewer’s lock kept locking during the clipping process
- Guard may make it more difficult to know where to cut
These clippers are covered by a lifetime guarantee.
- RAZOR SHARP BLADES: Dog nail trimmer is fitted with a straight blade crafted out of stainless steel and upgraded with a safety guard that prevents common trimming accidents.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLES: Enhanced with a rubberized grip, our dog nail cutter handily helps you avoid the slip. The rubber handles also feature a safety locking clip.
- INSTRUCTIONAL GUIDE: Worried about clipping your pet's nails for the first time - Don't you fret. Just scan the QR code on the back of the package with your smartphone and get the full guide right now.
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: Professional dog nail clipper is made out of a top grade plastic and rubber in a trendy shade of bright green and incredibly easy to clean.
- RISK-FREE GUARANTEE: As with all other pet grooming tools by SHINY PET these dog toenail clippers are backed by a lifetime money-back guarantee.
So what’s the deal with ergonomic handles? It turns out a lot. Depending on how thick the nails are, it’s too easy for some clippers to slide in the wrong direction when applying pressure. This puts your dog at too great of a risk.
- Semi-circular blade
- Nail trimmer fitted with a straight blade
- Stainless steel
The safety guard and quick sensor prevent accidental cuts, too-sharp cuts and/or dog paw injuries. Use the e-book guide as a reference tool should you want to brush up on your clipping routine and for newbies, too.
- Recyclable materials make this trimmer more eco-friendly than others
- Locking clip to avoid slips
- Refund and/or warranty policy unclear
- Left crushed, jagged nails, according to one reviewer
These clippers are backed by a lifetime money-back guarantee.
Even if you get a good clean chop on the dog’s nail from this 3.5mm thick stainless steel sharp blade, generally speaking, it is a good idea to smooth the nails around with the nail file (hidden in the bottom).
- ARC design
- Nail file included
- Razor-sharp blades
These clippers and trimmer have a sharp cutter head, baffle protection and thicker springs for a high-quality trimming and cutting option.
- Safety guard to avoid over-cutting nails
- Non-slip handles
- Not safe to be around with children
- One user said the clippers broke after first use on her puppy
These clippers are covered by a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- cat nail clippers
The nail around the quick is very sensitive. Cut it once and you may end up chasing your dog. Cut it twice and your dog will probably do everything within his power to avoid a third time.
So how do you avoid doing it a third time? Get familiar with what the nerve around the quick looks like. If the layer you clip looks like a very thick gel, you’ve touched the nerve coating. It’s time to stop.
- Available in two sizes (small, medium/large)
- Standard size
- Rubber-coated handles
This hypoallergenic, stainless steel blade is durable, and allows you to grip the handle securely. And 15 percent of the profits will be donated to nonprofit animal rescue organizations.
- Free standard shipping (whether Amazon Prime member or not)
- May lead to shredding and jagged edges, according to a few users
- Clippers broke after four nails were cut on a 24-pound dog, according to another reviewer
These clippers are covered by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, refund included if this isn’t the product for you.
- Upgraded LED Pet Nail Grinder - This first LED dog nail grinder in the market, finding the blood line easily and clearly, preventing over-grinding or cutting. You can press the light button to turn it ON/OFF.
- Powerful Motor - Up to 8500 rpm, easily grinding nails even for large dogs, saving your time! Moreover, there are 2 removeable grinding heads that made of specially selected thick diamond grindstone.
- USB Rechargeable - The dog nail clipper can last 10-hour usage after a 2.5-hour charge. Set with overcharging/overload/short-Circuit protection. Comes with a USB charging cable that you can use with any computer, power bank or USB adapter plug.
- Quiet & Comfortable - Peteast dog grinder for nails runs quietly and lower than 40 decibels, it won't scare your pets. TRP Anti-slip rubber is specially added on both sides, which is comfortable to handle.
- 2 Speed-Modes & 3 Size Grinding Ports - 2 rotation speed settings (7,000 RPM and 8,500 RPM) and 3 ports to match the small, medium, or large pets. You can flexibly choose the appropriate port and speed acoording the pet's size and nail hardness.
Why would you need an LED light for your clippers? For one, it gives you a better look at the quick. Secondly, if you’re clipping in a dim area or even mood lighting, this light will just help you see better.
- LED charging indicator
- Two-speed indicator
- Diamond grinding wheel
With the help of two rotation speed settings (7,000 RPM and 8,500 RPM) and three ports, this can help you clip the nails of small, medium and large dogs. The advanced 2200mAh lithium battery should be able to last for 10 hours if charged for at least 2.5 hours.
- High-quality brass shaft motor
- Charging port for easy recharges
- Warranty policy confirmation clashes on the main page; clarify which it is before purchase
- Several dogs feared the sound and sensation
This grinder may be covered by a lifetime warranty, but the Q&A area says it’s only 30 days for a money-back guarantee and a one-year warranty.
- Two Speed Modes and Two Grinding Wheels: It is the normal speed when the button is in position 1, acceleration when in position 2. You can choose the right speed based on the nail size and hardness of your pet. Durable and wear resistant, the dog nail grinder for small medium large dogs with 2 detachable grinding wheels is designed for pet manicure.
- Multiple Grinding Ports: The hollowed-out wheel cover of the dog claw grinder creates a plurality of available grinding ports. You can decide which port to use based on your pet size. In general, the small pets apply to small port, and the medium-sized pets apply to medium port. For large pets, they can use it after the wheel cover is removed.
- Low Noise and Slow Vibration: Our electric pet nail grinder adopts a high-quality motor, which greatly enhances its friction. In addition, the low noise produces a small sense of vibration, which can keep pets calm and enable the pet to grind in a faster ans easier way.
- USB Rechargeable Design: With a USB charging cable, it can easily connect to laptops, AC adapters, car chargers and mobile power banks to charge your pet nail grinder at anytime and anywhere. The product is designed with a charging indicator. Red indicates it is charging and green, fully charged.
- Thank you for your support.
Considering how sensitive a dog’s hearing is, the sound of the grinder may either soothe him or terrify him. Be aware of his immediate reaction. Tread lightly if the dog bares his teeth or runs. You may have to do a bit more convincing to even get the dog to give it a shot. This is one reason why people choose low-noise nail grinders.
- Three ports
- Two speeds
- Red light and green light charging indicators
The protective sleeve on this set of nail clippers may prevent you from accidental slips. It also comes in handy if found by the dog on his own or around small children.
- Low noise
- Rechargeable (works for four hours)
- Refund and/or warranty policy unclear
- Anything other than mild soap solution may damage it; avoid water
This high-quality motor should be all the pressure you need to clip your dog’s nails quickly and neatly.
- PATENTED in US, China, Japan, and Korea - PATENT PENDING in 72 countries. PLEASE BEWARE of similar products of illegally copied design.
- THE SAFEST: LED Guide Light shows you exactly where to make cut. Never hurt your pet again!
- THE MOST CONVENIENT: User-friendly NAIL TRAPPER – never go looking for clippings on the floor again!
- THE MOST ENJOYABLE: Clip, grind, and snack! Train her to enjoy this fast and easy process w/ reward.
- A GREAT GIFT: It's the best gift for a dog or cat owner. LEATHER CASE & BATTERY INCLUDED
While some owners (and trainers) may recommend keeping a treat on hand so your dog associates clipping with treats, keep in mind that your dog may be confused if/when others do it.
If a treat is usually the end result for good behavior, you may want to keep those treats on hand even when you’re on vacation or if the dog is left with a family friend. Otherwise, your dog may start to question this treat-at-the-end goal.
- Adjustable LED
- Available in three colors (special wine, gentle blue, royal pink)
- Patented design
This user-friendly nail-clipping device has an all-in-one combination so you can use the clippers, grinder and a snack feeder as needed.
- Ultra-bright lighting
- Battery included
- Not intended for dogs more than 50 pounds
- Refund and/or warranty unclear
If you’re tired of trying to find the best in nail clippers or trimmers, keeping it all in one device will come in handy for traveling as well as provide easy cleanup.
- Stress-free nail trimming alternative to dog nail grinders and nail clippers
- Specifically and only for a dog's more problematic front nails
- Interactive, fun and reward-based solution for stressful nail trimming
- Invented and Made in Australia, suitable for any dog breed, age and size
- Ideal for dogs who don't tolerate traditional nail trimming tools
If ever you needed to make a dog game out of grooming, this little box filing option is it. Not only will your dog try his best to get to the treats. But he can help with the grooming process himself by digging his way to the treats inside.
- Available in two colors (blue, blue cosmetic)
- Nail file (included)
- Interactive manual game
As with any new toy or game, it may take a bit of time to get your dog to use his paw to get to the treat instead of his nose. Oftentimes dogs will sniff first and push their way to the door. Demonstrating with your own hands may make him use his paws, too.
- Lightweight (less than 5 pounds)
- Helps with playtime and one-on-one games
- One reviewer said the cuts may be inconsistent
- Refund, replacement and warranty policy unclear
Be careful with using treats for regular playtime with this grinder. If your dog happens to need to lose a few pounds, maybe consider healthier options like vegetables instead of regular dog treats.
Do you have a rescue dog or have taken over ownership of a previously owned dog? Play it safe and start off with their nail file, clippers and grinders first before testing any others. That dog will already have to get used to new surroundings. You don’t want to add too much too fast.
- Stepless speed regulation
- Diamond grinding wheel
- Electric paw trimmer
Suitable for dogs of all sizes (small, medium, large), the 100-grit sanding drum should comfortably trim all nails. Adjust the speed (4,500-7,500 r/min) in stages by rotating the rotary switch, dependent on which level your dog can handle. After a 3.5-hour charge, these clippers should last 20 hours.
- Low noise and vibration
- Replacement, refund and/or warranty policy unclear
- One reviewer felt this wasn’t right for a large dogs
The low noise and vibration on this particular maintenance tool may come in handy for relieving the kind of anxiety associated with louder options.
Professional Pet Grooming Tool
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE -Don't fret yourself with sub-par products. Used by veterinarians and professional groomers, Nail Clippers are Precision and high quality stainless steel cutting blades to ensure a clean cut in one smooth action
- EASY TO USE - Non-slip rubber handles that are ergonomically designed for a comfortable grip guillotine, sprung cutting action for precise clipping and ease of use and ensuring a safe nail trimming experience for you and your dog
- SAFETY DESIGN - Nail trimming should be an easy experience, which is why each Nail Clippers the fixing ring puts the nail into the circle for trimming, and does not hurt the meat. The half moon shaped incision conforms to the shape of the pet nail.
- COST SAVINGS - Nail Clippers is the complete solution for nail trimming that comes with an easy stored nail file. For the price of a single grooming session, you will never need to visit the groomer's to get your pet nails trimmed again!
- SUITABLE FOR LARGE DOGS AND SMALL BREEDS - Pet clippers for your canines, cats or other animals.Only use for pet nail and keep out of the reach of children. The nail clipper is very sharp. Ensure it is properly locked and stored.
Contrary to popular belief, nail clipping should not be a commonly unenjoyable experience for your dog. With the fixing ring in this nail clipper being inserted to the circle, this should not hurt the meat of the dog’s paws.
- Spring squeeze handle
- Nail file (included)
- Razor-sharp blades
Available in blue and pink. The half-moon incision should fit into the shape of a nail. These nail clippers are high-quality stainless steel and should provide a clean cut. The half-moon shaped incision shows you how the nail should look.
- Safety guard to avoid overcutting
- Non-slip guard for a comfortable hand grip
- Refund, replacement and/or warranty policy unclear
- Not safe around children due to a sharp nail clipper
With help from these ergonomically designed clippers and spring cutting action, you should be able to clip your dog’s nails precisely and safely.
- ✅[ SAFE CERAMIC BLADE ]: This hair trimmer is D-shaped cutter, will not hurt your pet's skin and won't get hot in use. Made of stainless steel, won't rust easily and more durable.
- ✅[ 2 SPEED SWITCH & LOW NOISE]: The pet hair trimmer features an adjustable, low-high speed design. Faster and more effective, let your dog have a relax and enjoyable beauty experience.And pet clippers use the latest motor, high speed and less vibration.Its noise is less than 45 DB.Your pet will feel enjoyable and won't get nervous.
- ✅[ SMALL SIZE & ERGONOMIC DESIGN ]: The small dog hair clipper adopt ergonomic design, non-slip design switch and anti-skid granule on handle, easy to hold and operate. And special delicate narrow head works better for hairstyle in small areas. Ideal to trim hair around paws, eyes, ears, butt, etc.
- ✅[ CORDLESS & RECHARGEABLE ]: Cordless design is more convenient for the whole grooming process. The hair grooming clipper is rechargeable, and includes a USB wire for your convenience. Supports rechargeable by mobile power, PC, adapters, etc.
- ✅[ EASY TO CLEAN ]: The top of dog grooming clippers can be cleaned. After every use, you can simply clean the blade with clean cloth and remove the shreds and dirt with cleaning brush(included) to get a longer service life.
Let’s say you cut the dog’s quick. If you freak out when the dog freaks out, you get similar results to a child with a small cut crying because you show surprise.
While you should definitely acknowledge and treat the bleeding, and the dog’s feelings, understand that these kinds of things happen. Don’t give up, but just go slowly and show your dog that you can indeed do the next clipping correctly.
- Two speeds
- Suitable for dogs of all sizes (small, medium, large)
- Electric trimmer
With a razor-sharp blade and comfortable handle, these clippers—with a diamond bit grinder—should be painless and reduce the risk of clipping a dog’s nails too short or unevenly.
- Fast grinder
- Warranty, refund and/or replacement coverage not clear
- A few users said it didn’t work as described (loud and didn’t cut)
Charge these clippers for three hours to work for five hours. With two speeds and a vibration sound as low as 40 dB, these clippers should not be intimidating to your dog.
- 【Upgrated Motor and 2 Runing Speed】Our dog nail grinder choose an upgraded higher quality motor，It is more powerful. the torque is controlled to 40 dB while boosting the torque, and it can even polish the metal，Choose 2 different rotation speed based on the hardness of your pet，Keep puppies from being disturbed by noise，Provide better nail care for Large dogs
- 【Three Size Ports Fits All Kinds of Pets】The pet nail trimmer has 3 ports for different sized nails.You can choose a suitable port according to the pets' size and nail characteristics,Our dog nail grinder for large dogs is also widely applied to small, Medium dogs ,cats ,rabbits and other kinds of pet with claw
- 【Long Battery Life and USB Rechargeable】This dog nail trimmer is rechargeable and equipped with a USB charging cable,Easy to operate with cordless design，The three indicator light states different working states,The light turns blue when working，turns red when charging，turns green when fully charged，Our dog nail grinder can be used for about 8 hours after 3 hours of fully charging
- 【low noises and Painless Experience】Compared with manual clipper, our electric pet nail grinder will avoid over-cutting, hurting your pets, The voice will be Less than 50db, it can protect your pets from fear, anxiety and antipathy,Low noises and low vibration brings great comfort to your dog
- 【Lifetime Replacement】Belita Amy start a New Pet Nail grinder era, there is no doubt we will be responsible for our brand and product,We will provide you with a lifetime replacement, If you have any issues, simply contact us, we will reply you within 24 hour
At some point, you’ll be able to clip nails without thinking twice about it. If you want to use a grinder to get a handle on what “finished” nails look like, opt for that before the clippers.
If you’re comfortable with clippers, just remember to focus on where the hook of the nail catches. Do not try to make your dog’s nails look like yours. Look at what the “after” photos look like online or on a groomer’s website to get an idea of what to do.
- Two running speeds
- Two rotation options
- Color-coded notification when charging or working
This painless, soothing option should be able to provide better nail care for large dogs.
- Low noise (less than 50 dB)
- USB rechargeable
- A couple of owners reported that it didn’t cut their dogs’ nails
- Vibrating noise may take time for puppies and rescues to get used to
If something happens to this nail grinder, there is a lifetime replacement option.
As you can see from the 30 dog nail clippers & grinder options above, some are a big hit with certain consumers while others did not work out.
While there are legitimate complaints about nail clippers that simply do not work at all and/or don’t work for certain dogs, keep in mind that learning how to use dog nail clippers properly is half the battle.
Assuming that the nail clippers are sharp enough and the handles are easy to operate, clipping nails on a dog should become a pretty simple thing to do.
If done correctly, it should be about as easy as clipping your own nails. Both you and your dog should be able to avoid splinters, awkward breaks, bleeding, and injuries. And if/when you find the clippers that make this easy to do, maybe buy a couple of pair and share with your dog-owning friends, too. If all else fails then you will need to look into nail grinders.
The team at DogStruggles have also compiled detailed reviews of nail clippers for the following breeds: