We love our snorting little love bug Pugs; they make this world whole. So when these cute bundles of joys start walking us, pulling us across the street, it’s well, a little embarrassing to say the least.
It’s easy to think these guys are gentle and would never pull, but alas, it happens, and at the worst moments. Finding the best harness for Pugs can make all of the difference, Puggie will no longer have the control; finally, we will.
Alas, how does one find the best harness for their Pug? Well, that is why we are here, to guide you in the world of Pug harnesses. Here we will list some of the best harnesses and explain why they are high on the list. Whether these harnesses or for you or not, you will have a much better idea about what you do want.
Best Harness for Pugs
- MADE FOR EXTENDED WEAR: Lightweight, durable, and made for all-day outdoor adventures; Designed for easy on and off
- 2 LEASH ATTACHMENT POINTS: Reinforced webbing at chest stands up to pulling and gives additional control (ideal for training, too); Aluminum V-ring centered on back
- PADDED FOR COMFORT: Foam-padded strips across the chest and belly provide equal load distribution and comfort when running, walking, or resting
- CUSTOMIZABLE FIT: 4 convenient points of adjustment for full range of motion; Easy access ID pocket for safe storage of your dog's tags
- EASY TO SEE, DAY AND NIGHT: Bright, easily visible fabric with reflective trim helps your dog stand out against any landscape day and night
Why do we get harnesses for our pugs? One big reason, to avoid being pulled. Yes, even these stout little dudes can pull us around the block. Quit being walked and instead, find yourself a Ruffwear; this fine piece of kit gives you all of the control and without putting any strain on Fido’s back.
- Sizes – XXS-XL
- Colors – Blue, green, purple, berry, grey, orange
- Easy to Clean – YES
- Why We Recommend – This harness is so incredibly comfortable and makes training a walk in the park.
With two attachment points for the lead, you have options, clip in on the chest for training, or clip-in on the back for a stroll through the park. No matter where you attach the lead, the connection will always be strong and durable.
What good is a harness if our doggies cannot fit or simply wobble in pain while wearing it? That is exactly what we don’t want. We want one that will fit like a charm and feel like our favorite cozy top.
Luckily, this harness is made with dogs in mind, the chest is padded and a belly panel which fits like a glove and ensures that there will be no chafing, just comfort no matter the activity. Designed with comfort in mind, this product has four adjustment points to get the gear to fit your Pug perfectly.
- Fits comfortably and easily
- Gently control dog
- Easy to adjust
- No chafing
- Sizing said to be off
- ID tag said to be in a bad place and is stiff
- The material could be tougher
Ruffwear also considers safety; it always has reflective trim so pups will always be seen. Walk through the forest, or wander home at night and you will safely be seen. Another fantastic feature is that the harness comes with is an ID tag pocket. Skip out on the collar yet still, have all of the information on Pugsley.
- 2018 NEW VERSION, SUPER EASY TO USE: This no pull dog harness has 2 easy buckles on belly straps and 1 more lockable Quick-snap buckle on neckline for easy on and off, no need to slip over dog’s head and adjust the straps every time.
- NO PULL AND CHOKE FREE: Our front lead dog harness has two sturdy metal leash attachment points with reinforced webbing, front clip for discouraging pulling and back for relaxed walks. The pet harness is soft breathable non-toxic mesh padded, pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent Choking. This easy dog harness is perfect for daily walking, running, hiking, training, hunting, outdoor adventure and more!
- ENJOY A COSY FIT: This dog reflective harness has dual elastic construction on belly straps, provides stretchability for more comfort and help absorb jerks, reduce strain and the risk of getting Hurt.
- DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT, SAFETY AND ADJUSTABILITY: Padded & comfortable handle, soft filling makes for a handle that feels good in the hand for extra control to guide your dog. It also work as seat bell loop. Large area reflective stitching for night use providing added visibility. Lightweight and durable, designed with minimum bulk for maximum dexterity. 4 ways adjustable straps, gets a customized fit with room for growth.
- 100% SATISFIED GUARANTEE: We are committed to providing customer high quality products and the best shopping experiences. If you meet any problem or dissatisfied in any way, just send email to us and we will provide the best solution, all problems will be solved within 24 hours.
We all know our cute doggies catch the eye of well, the people who catch our eye; but there is nothing more embarrassing than catching the attention of someone you find attractive and then rapidly getting pulled away by your teeny, tiny….Pug, whoops.
- Sizes – XS-XL
- Colors – Black, pink, green, blue, orange, red, printed blue, and printed pink
- Easy to Clean – YES
- Why We Recommend – It is a great harness for training, the soft handle helps guide the dog, and three clips make this a no-pull harness.
As small as they are, they can be strong, and if they are a puller, this scenario could very well happen, yikes. So how does one prevent this from happening? Well, you’ll want to find a no-pull harness that gives you the control but doesn’t choke your dog.
We love Poypet for this reason; their harness gives us the control, when we feel them taking over, we can swiftly pull and keep our doggie in check without worrying about hurting them. The harness spreads out the pressure of the pull which prevents choking and never puts all of the pressure on just one point.
Poypet is made to be comfy, the belly plate is padded with mesh so their underside can breathe, and the padded plate can keep the doggie free from chafing, and even prevent scratches when they run through the brush.
The belly straps are made of elastic and offer great stretchability, there is nothing worse for our doggies than feeling confined in their harness. This product also comes with three adjustable straps to get the perfect fit for Fido; this function is particularly great for growing doggies as the harness can adjust as they grow.
The best harness for Pugs will keep our little guys highly visible. No matter the size of your dog, you always want your doggie to be visibly seen. Pugs, in particular, maybe even more difficult for cars to see as they are rather small.
- Handle on back
- Harness easy to adjust
- Reflective material makes it highly visible
- No pull
- Material said to be too stretchy, some dogs slip out
- Buckle said not to be too strong
- Harness said to move around
Poypet’s harness comes in very bright colors with reflective stitching so they will be quickly spotted. For the ultimate in security, this harness includes a handle to guide your dog away from danger or to use for training; it also works to belt your pups into the car.
- PLEASE MEASURE YOUR DOG’S CHEST, JUST BEHIND THE FRONT LEGS AND SELECT THE SIZE. Unlike Dog Collars, Harnesses fit best when matched to the Chest measurement, just behind the front legs. IF YOUR DOG IS IN BETWEEN SIZES, PLEASE SIZE UP
- STRUGGLE WITH YOUR DOG COLLAR? We have a SOFT, COMFORTABLE Easy to Put on and Take off Soft Dog Harnesses with a Quick release clip
- HAVE AN ESCAPE ARTIST OF A DOG? Our pet harness has Two Reinforced D-rings that locks securely on to your leash. Easy to Care, Incredibly lightweight.
- PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE OUR COMFORT FIT HARNESS BASED ON THE SIZE OF ANOTHER BRAND
Our small doggies tend to experience more anxiety in general than our larger friends, I mean the world is just so big compared to them, it’s totally understandable. Sometimes these anxieties come up during walks where they may be feeling vulnerable to other animals, cars, and the elements.
- Sizes – XXS-M
- Colors – Black, pink, purple, green, blue, neon and black, and red
- Easy to Clean – YES
- Why We Recommend – Incredibly easy to put on and off.
Comfort fit understands this struggle and has created a harness made for small dogs that fit like a charm and offers security to ease their tensions. This harness, in particular, is made to feel like a hug and offers optimal padding that reduces any strain from walking and pulling.
This hug feel is also great for the escape artist. Some dogs just will not have anything to do with a sweater, harness, vest, nothing. But the time comes to walk and well, a harness is necessary.
Finally, you can walk and not worry about them slipping through and running off…again. This harness will hug your dog and never allow them to leave, kind of like a small child as mum tries to drop them off at kindergarten.
- Easy to put on
- Velcro flap adjust as the dog grows
- Material is soft, comfortable, and cushiony
- Not for dogs over 25lbs – no sharing with your big dogs!
- Runs small, no large sizes
- Could be tougher and longer-lasting
While the Comfort-fit harness may be foolproof for your dog to get out, it will be absolutely easy for you to get them in and out, no matter their fuss. Just slip them in and clip them up and they’re good to go. When it’s time to let them out, just unclip the quick release clip, and voila, your dog is finally out.
- ALL THE COLORS IN ONE VEST – Change between 8 super bright solid colors - Red, Yellow, Magenta, Blue, Purple, Pink, Green, and Cyan AND 6 eye catching multicolor flashing and slow fading color modes – Disco Dog, Rainbow, Cool Comet, Rescue, Independence Day, and Photon Burst. Our special illumination modes are based on visual science to give visibility to your pets and warning to motorists. Modes are easily selectable at the press of a button, easy to access during a walk, run, or backyard fun.
- TRUE 360 DEGREE ILLUMINATION, REFLECTIVITY, & FLUORESCENCE – Visible from over half a mile away, never lose sight of your dog outdoors again. Unlike other reflective animal vests and hi viz gear, our flexible fiber optic cables, and 3M Scotchlite reflector technology actively keep man's best friend safe by alerting distracted drivers and traffic before their headlights are on you and your pup. Day or night, morning or evening, rain or shine, let your dog out of the house worry free.
- NO BATTERIES, NO SMELLS, NO WORRIES – A quickly recharging, long lasting battery, means up to 12 hours of illuminated playtime per charge. Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter, the lightweight, breathable design allows your puppy to wear it year round. Built to be durable with military grade Cordura fabric and 3M reflective bias, this vest can withstand rolling, adventures in the rain, or just general wear and tear. When it does get dirty, cleaning is easy, just throw it in the washing machine.
- GOES ON QUICK AND EASY – The newly re-designed harness with added leash attachment makes it easier than ever to clip-in and be out the door. The harness is easily unbuckled when you're done too! Already have leashes that you love? The LightHound will quickly slide over your favorite dog collar, harness, or jacket and not interfere with the leash or other dog gear. The LightHound is an attractive and practical option for any animal owner.
- HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE – A unique vest for a unique companion. No need to compromise comfort for safety, both the neck and chest are adjustable to get the perfect fit. Slide it on, clip in, and simply adjust, and it's ready to go, without fear of rubbing and chafing. Size MEDIUM typically fits breeds of similar size to Corgis or French Bulldogs.
Our dear Pug friends can be quite hard to see as night comes, their coloring easily blends into the background at night, and with their small size, they may not be too visible. To compensate, we dress up in bright reflective gear and dress our Pugs into a colorful, bright, and reflective harnesses.
- Sizes – S-XL
- Colors – Red, Yellow, Magenta, Blue, Purple, Pink, Green, and Cyan
- Easy to Clean – YES
- Why We Recommend – We love that it comes with an illuminated light, your dog will always be highly visible.
While this is a good way to go about things, reflective strips and bright colors may be hard to see until close. This can be potentially dangerous if a speeding car doesn’t see you in time. To avoid these dangers, Noxgear has crafted a harness with a multi-colored flashing light that changes colors and patterns; this will grab the attention of a driver even from afar.
Having a visible dog is not just key to keeping cars away, but it’s a way for us to see our dogs. When off lead, they may run off, and ignore your calls, these moments are often worry-filled and not fun. This harness vest will end these stressful moments, and you will quickly spot your dog even if they have wandered astray.
No matter the angle you are, this vest wraps around their body and is fully visible on each side of the dog, and even when half a mile away, this harness will still be visible. Your dog will be a walking party after all!
- Highly visible
- Choice of light colors and patterns
- Batteries long-lasting
- Not made for pullers – may need to add an additional harness underneath if this is the case
- Light component said not to be the most secure
- Harness said not to be the strongest
Worried that the lighting feature will be dangerous in wet weather? This harness is actually weatherproof and will do just fine during the rainy, snowy, or even the hot and dusty season.
The batteries are made to last up to 12-hours when fully charged, so no need to stress about the lights going out on a walk, just remember to charge up after several walks.
Blueberry Pet Harness
- Chest Girth 17.5-21", Neck 14.5-20.5", Chest Strap 10", Small; The chest strap is not adjustable. For a safe and fit purchase, be sure to check the neck and chest and read the product description to find how to adjust the harness
- The harness does not stretch itself. NEVER leave your dog unattended with a harness on. A properly fitting collar and harness won't leave any room for your dog to chew
- Made with light weight, soft and optimal mesh, oxford and polyester materials. Buckles are made from eco-friendly plastic. The metal D ring is matt grey coated to add durability
- Be sure the D-ring stay on the back of your furry friend for leashing. Blueberry Pet logo should be under the neck of your furry friend. This harness is a single product. Its matching collar (B017UAJZLC) /leash (B01LWN6HZR) sold separately
- All pictures are taken with our production samples from a size 22-26.5"(chest girth) * 17.5-26"(neck). Wipe to clean.
For a harness that is versatile and incredibly good-looking, anything from Blueberry Pet will astound you. This harness, in particular, comes in 11 color choices, with 2-3 colors in each piece. The color combinations are beautiful enough to hang on the wall and admire every day.
- Sizes – 17.5”-21” chest girth – 28.5”-38.5”
- Colors – Comes in 11 color combinations
- Easy to Clean – YES
- Why We Recommend – The colors they come in are just so darn good looking.
This piece will certainly turn heads; everyone will think you are so incredibly fashion-forward when really, it might just be your dog. If you love the way the harness looks you are just in luck because they also offer collars and leads with matching designs.
This harness is full of options, in addition to what seems to be endless colors, there are two types of harnesses. Choose between a vest or a step-in harness. The step-in one would be a fantastic choice for someone with a Pug who is fussy getting into their harness, just step them in, and they are good to go.
The vest is a better option for the pups who pull or for the escape artist, as the vest will keep the dog secure within the vest.
This harness is very secure and will not stretch – with room to stretch doggies can easily slip out or chew their way out. Unfortunately, there seems to be many a harness that is quick to stretch, but you can leave those worries aside with the Blueberry.
- Said to be a comfortable fit
- Looks cute
- Well constructed
- Minimal pulling
- Said to be a little stiff, but because it is so secure and sewn well
- Sizing said to be off
- Runs large, not great for tiny dogs
Even though this piece of kit is nice and secure, it continues to be lightweight and soft, offering optimal comfort. Made of oxford and polyester materials and with mesh, this harness is breathable. There will be no hot dogs passing out on you – walk for hours and pups will stay cool, though since they are a Pug, we cannot guarantee that they won’t snort their way through!
For a harness that gives you options and control, is safe, and comfortable, while looking absolutely fabulous, we choose Blueberry pet, as our winner.
We could not help but choose Blueberry Pet partially for its good looks; this is the kind of harness where you get bombarded with questions like, “where did you get this darling harness?” Even though these questions can get annoying, we know we secretly love them.
But it is not just the good looks that mark Blueberry pet as our winner, it is comfortable and keeps our doggies in, all the while giving us control.
We love that with Blueberry you have options, with two styles of harnesses you can pick which meets your Pug’s needs.
Best Harness for Pugs
Choosing the best harness for your pug is made easier with these detailed reviews.
- Comfort Fit Harness
- noxgear LightHound
- Blueberry Pet Harness