Are you the proud owner of a beautiful, bouncing, boxer dog? If so, first of all, I have to congratulate you on picking an incredible breed of dog to share your life with, and secondly, I have to ask – how’s your training going?!
The boxer dog, as we all know; is quite the energetic ball of fluff and keeping him focused on being obedient as he goes through his adolescence can be quite the challenge.
But I’m here to let you in on a secret, training a boxer can be easy – all it takes is time, patience, and the best harness for boxer dogs! I hear you; you’re saying “How is a harness going to help?”
Well, quite a lot actually. It helps to redirect your dog’s energy, stops the incessant pulling on the lead which causes a defensive response, and allows owners to train their furry friends with far less pressure.
Best Harness for a Boxer Dog
This beautiful and vibrant harness made by Blueberry Pet was designed with summer in mind, and with a staggering nineteen color options to choose from – all of which scream sunny days at the beach, it’s easy to see the inspiration in the design.
- Weight – 7 OZ
- Colors – Dark Orchid, Florence Orange, French Pink, Medium Turquoise, Neon Green, Royal Blue, Baby Pink, Black, Blazing Yellow, Emerald, Fired Brick, Flint Grey, Lavender Marina Blue, Military Green, Mint Blue, Rouge Red, Very Berry, and Violet!
- Sizes – 16.5” – 21.5”, 20” – 26”, and 26” – 39”.
- Why It’s Recommended – The most incredible array of color options
It’s not only the colors that make this one of the best harnesses for boxers during the summer but the lightweight yet sturdy fabric straps, providing plenty of airflow to your pooch while utilizing a fabric known for its strength.
Boxer dogs are well-known for their incredible strength, and energy, which is what makes them such a lovable goofball of a breed!
However, during their adolescent phase at around ten to twelve months old, they will start to well and truly test their boundaries. This often means that your once perfectly leash trained puppy will begin pulling – just when he has grown into his large dog status – not the most fun time, but rather than yanking on the leash incessantly (which will help nobody) – consider purchasing a harness to use alongside his collar and lead.
- 19 x color options
- Adjustable chest strap
- Strong nylon webbing
- Heavy-duty buckles and D-rings
- Plastic adjusters have a tendency to readjust by themselves
- A little tricky to get your dog in to at first
- Sizing runs large
$16.95 in stock
- Find Your Optimal Size: Size Large fit Chest Girth 17-34 inch, please choose size based on your dog’s chest girth by measuring around the widest part of your dog’s chest before purchase (if between sizes, choose the larger size and be sure to set aside 1 inch), recommend for large and medium dogs, like labrador, husky, boxer, german shepherd, golden retriever, border collie, american pit bull terrier, bulldog and more
- No Pull Design & Better Control: Our dog harness with 2 zinc-alloy rings on dog’s chest and back, when your dog pulls, you could attach the chest ring to control your dog, and when you walk with your four-legged friend, you could use the back ring, no stress on dog’s neck, no choke, ideal solution for pulling dog
- Safer & More Comfortable: Nylon webbing with reflective material to ensure good visibility when night running; a sturdy handle on the back for looping seat belt through to secure your dog while riding in your car; breathable mesh lining with soft sponge padding plate of puppy harness prevents injuries, giving extra comfort and protection
- Easy to Wear & Adjust: This no pull dog harness is easy to wear and adjust, quick snap buckles ensures ease of use when putting on and taking off, fully adjustable straps at the chest and neck allow a custom fit for your fur friend, perfect for daily walking, running, jogging, hiking, training, outdoor fun time and more
- Reflective & Breathable: Reflective straps ensure your dog’s safety while out for a walk, soft breathable material plus heavy padding makes your dog enjoys wearing it, perfect gift for your four-legged friend for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, etc
This super reflective dog harness by Eagloo is a great choice for boxer dog owners that like to walk their pups in an evening. Stay safe especially if you’re walking on the roads on an evening, but also – if you have a dog that has a tendency to run off, this bright harness makes it far easier to spot him!
- Weight – 8.6 OZ
- Colors – Black, Orange, Green
- Sizes – Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large.
- Why It’s Recommended – Reflective making it perfect for evening walks!
Available in multiple sizes, so if you happen to have a multi-breed household; you can still buy matching harnesses.
If you have a dog that loves to pull, a harness is a great option to train them to walk nicely on the lead; without putting so much strain on their necks. After all, tracheal collapse is a common problem with dogs that lean on their leashes.
Instead of fighting your dog every step of the way, enjoy a relaxed walk by clipping your leash onto the chest clip for optimum control, and then – once they’ve settled down; you can move the clip over to the back rings to remove all strain.
This harness from Eagloo is quick and easy to pop on your dog before heading out for a walk, simply unclip the quick snap buckles, slip your dog’s legs in – and snap closed again!
- No-Pull Design
- Quick Snap Buckles
- 100% Quality Warranty
- Dog’s can slip out of it if they really try
- Clips aren’t as strong as expected
- Webbing isn’t very hard-wearing
Eagloo has three colors to choose from, including orange, green, and reflective black – you’re sure to find something to suit your boxer dog.
- 【 MEDIUM DOG HARNESS 】 – ★ Measuring Neck Girth: 14.8″ – 19.7″, Chest Girth 19.1″ – 29.3″ ★. Let us know anytime you need help in finding the right size for your lovely dog. Recommended Breeds: Medium Dogs, such as Boston Terrier, Dachshund, Heeler, Bulldog, Boxer, Puggle, Australian Shepherd, etc. Make your puppy stand out with this Classic Black Harness!
- 【 NO PULL, NO CHOKE 】- Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 Metal Leash Rings for safer dog walks. Use the CHEST attachment clip to stop your dog from pulling on walks, perfect for dog training or dogs who tend to pull. The BACK one is great for casual walks, jogging, hiking, etc
- 【 EASY TO USE 】- This hassle-free overhead harness is easy to put on and take off with its 2 Fast-release Buckles. SLIDE the harness over your dog’s head, BUCKLE it up, ADJUST the straps, and here you go! Grab the Top Handle for additional control. Lightweight and easy to clean
- 【 FULLY ADJUSTABLE 】- This adjustable harness features 4 easy Adjusting Straps around the body. You can use its 2 neck straps and 2 chest straps to create a Perfect Fit for your dog with some room of growth. No worries about slipping out or choking
- 【 SAFE AND COMFORTABLE 】- Your dog will enjoy the daily walk in this comfort dog harness! Made of durable Nylon Oxford and padded with Soft Cushion to protect your dog’s skin. Breathable air mesh keeps your dog cool during outdoor activities. Super bright Reflective Strips ensure a SAFE walk both day and night
This adjustable and reflective dog harness from RABBITGOO is the ideal accessory for your canine pal. Suitable for a multitude of activities, from your daily walk and trips to the dog park to hunting in the woods and even swimming.
- Weight – 7.4 OZ
- Colors – Black, Green, Orange.
- Sizes – Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large.
- Why It’s Recommended – Soft breathable material for your dog’s comfort.
The soft and breathable fabric is designed to be comfortable for your dog to wear for extended periods, this helps to overcome one of the main problems that dog owners tend to have with harnesses – that their four-legged friends try their darndest to wiggle free of them!
Designed to allow ultimate control, this harness features an incredibly convenient handle on the back of the product to allow you to quickly and safely remove your dog from a dangerous situation, or redirect his attention should he decide that chasing a squirrel seems like a far better idea than sitting during obedience class.
- 2 x metal leash attachments
- Comes with a handle for additional control
- Reflective material
- Sizes for all dogs
- Adjustable side straps
- Material holding clips can fray
- Sizing runs small
- Plastic clips aren’t the sturdiest
Where many harnesses tend to rub the underarms and cause hair loss and sores on the skin, the RABBITGOO harness has been designed with a central under tummy panel, and wrap-around straps on top to not only avoid this sensitive zone – but equally distribute pressure which allows for unparalleled control of your boxer dog.
$17.99 in stock
2 used from $14.07
- Large Size: Chest Girth 22-32 inch. Perfect harness for large dogs, but also fits well for medium dogs, like golden retriever, labrador, german shepherd, american bully pitbull and more. Adjustable Straps let you create a custom fit for your dog.
- No Pull Design: Pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent Pulling and Choking. Our dog vest harness comes with 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Easy to Wear & Locking Security: This pet harness with simple design and quick snap buckles which make it easy to put on and take off. Locking feature on both snaps makes it much more secure, perfect for daily walking, running, hiking, training, hunting, outdoor adventure and more!
- Sturdy Handy Handle: Our pet dog harness comes with sturdy D-ring leash attachment point and easy grap handle to help you to control and assist your dog.
- Reflective & Lightweight: Premium Nylon Oxford material offers a long lifetime for this soft dog chest harness. Lightweight and easy to clean. Reflective straps keep your dog SAFE all the time while out for a walk.
The Big Dog Harness is ideal for fully mature boxer dogs, with a strong and sturdy design, the makers of this harness have really thought of everything you need out of good quality, premium dog harnesses.
- Weight – 8.8 OZ
- Colors – Black
- Sizes – Large
- Why It’s Recommended – Incredibly easy to get on and off
Sturdy D-rings provide a strong tether for your leash, ideal for the beginning stages of remedial training with a harness for older and rescued dogs.
A nylon handle provides an emergency control option for owners, this shouldn’t be used to pick up your dog, but it can be used to hold him back or turn him around quickly – this can come in handy to avoid fights with other dogs.
The hemming of each strap and section of the entire product is well-made and reinforced, making it well-suited to large and heavier dogs.
Adjustable straps make it possible to buy the harness for your dog before he is fully matured, and then let the straps out as he grows, thus saving them money that would otherwise be spent on multiple harnesses.
Incredibly fast drying, you don’t have to worry about your pooch making a mess of their harness by rolling in the mud, just slip off, hose down – and throw on the clothesline to dry. We can’t say that it will be quite as easy to clean your muddy boxer!
- Oxford fabric
- Ideal for especially large dogs
- Breathable padding
- No-Pull design
- Straps aren’t as strong as expected
- Will not hold extra-large dogs that pull hard
- Sizing runs small
It is worth mentioning that if your dog pulls with all of his might, the strength of any harness will, of course, be compromised over time including the Big Dog Harness. Therefore, every dog owner should prioritize good training over indestructible equipment.
- MADE FOR EXTENDED WEAR: Lightweight, durable, and made for all-day outdoor adventures; Designed for easy on and off
- 2 LEASH ATTACHMENT POINTS: Reinforced webbing at chest stands up to pulling and gives additional control (ideal for training, too); Aluminum V-ring centered on back
- PADDED FOR COMFORT: Foam-padded strips across the chest and belly provide equal load distribution and comfort when running, walking, or resting
- CUSTOMIZABLE FIT: 4 convenient points of adjustment for full range of motion; Easy access ID pocket for safe storage of your dog’s tags
- EASY TO SEE, DAY AND NIGHT: Bright, easily visible fabric with reflective trim helps your dog stand out against any landscape day and night
The Front Range All-Day Adventure Harness from Ruffwear certainly provides what its name suggests. A harness suitable for the most extreme days of adventure, and comfortable enough for your dog to wear from morning to night.
- Weight – 5.9 OZ
- Colors – Blue Dusk, Meadow Green, Orange Poppy, Tillandsia Purple, Twilight Grey, Wild Berry.
- Sizes – Extra extra small, extra small, small, medium, large/extra large.
- Why It’s Recommended – Ideal for all-day use.
Ideal for climbers, and hikers who often cover dangerous terrain, this adventure harness provides a much more secure way to keep hold of your dog when navigating mountain trails, and steep climbs.
No longer worry about your dog missing a step and falling down a steep slope, just pop this RUFFWEAR harness on, along with his regular collar, and clip a lead onto each of the two leash attachment points. If the worst should happen, this harness will equally distribute his weight while you pull him to safety.
For the not quite so adventurous owners, with dogs that seem to live to pull – this harness is supremely designed to provide control. With strong aluminum ring connections, sturdy nylon straps, and tough clips – your cheeky little monster will be hard-pressed to pull you over in this!
- Easy to put on and take off
- Great for pullers
- Built-in pocket
- Aluminum attachment rings
- Multiple colors
- Stitching weakens over time
- Straps aren’t as strong as expected
- Escape artists can get free from this harness
With five sizes and six colors to choose from – if you’re the owner of a pack of boxers, or a multi-breed dog household, you can make sure that your four-legged family members all head out on their daily walk matching, and looking great!
While all of these harnesses work incredibly well for the job they’re designed for, we have to pick the RUFFWEAR – Front Range All-Day Adventure Harness as our favorite harness specifically for Boxers.
The sturdy, durable fabric and multiple color and size options make this a great choice for the multi-dog household as you can buy matching apparel for your pooches which will make for a far better Instagram snap.
This lightweight harness is designed to not rub and cause sores – and ideal for active outdoor use, all day long.
With adjustable straps, this could be an ideal choice for the owner of an adolescent dog who is still growing, as you won’t need to buy a new one as they grow; simply adjust the straps and hey presto – it fits again!
Best Harness for Boxer Dogs
Boxer dogs are a lovely breed but we all know that walking them can sometimes be difficult! Harnesses make it a much simpler process so read through these reviews before making your decision.
- Blueberry Step-in
- Big Dog