How do you stop from drowning in drifts of Husky fur, blowing around the house?
The answer is to brush the dog regularly, so as to catch the shed hair on the brush rather than have it wafting around the lounge room.
However, a normal brush often yields disappointing results, which is where having the best furminator for Husky comes in as a secret weapon for the house proud pet parent.
Best Furminators for Huskies
Don’t you just love the Husky’s good looks: Those delightful facial markings that make them look quizzical and cross at the same time. Why are furminators best for huskies?
Then there’s the sheer luxury of that oh-so-thick coat, which has the most fabulous woolly undercoat.
Of course, that undercoat has a serious purpose in life, which is to keep out the chill in even the severest of freezing winter conditions.
Don’t forget, the Husky is somewhat ill at ease living in heated accommodation (i.e. your home).
They are a working sled dog, designed to run and run across packed ice without thinking twice.
But with that thick fur coat come problems.
For example, what happens during the twice-yearly shed that the dog is well known for?
Well, the hair that’s fallen out has to go somewhere, and when the dog lives indoors it’s you that has to deal with the fur-balls breezing in every corner and reupholstering the sofa a fetching shade of Husky dog gray.
When living in their native Siberia Huskies tend to experience ‘Husky blow’ which is when thy shed their coat heavily, once or twice a year.
However, in heated conditions, the Husky may shed continually.
So staying on top of the problem means brushing them regularly is your best bet, especially when you use a furminator for Husky dogs.
Regular brushing comes in handy from another perspective, which is to teach the dog to accept being groomed.
Short sessions followed by lots of praise and the odd treat or two can go a long way to having a dog that looks forward to grooming and cooperates, as opposed to a dog that resents it and fights against the brush.
So let’s assume you’re on board with the benefits of regular brushing and move forward by looking at the best furminator for Siberian husky.
$38.76 in stock
- Stainless steel De-Shedding edge reaches through topcoat to safely and easily remove loose undercoat hair without damaging topcoat.
- Skin Guard glides over skin, allowing even pressure to be applied.
- Curved Edge conforms to pet's natural build and shape for comfort.
- FURejector button releases hair with ease, making De-Shedding easier than ever.
- Edge Guard protects teeth when tool is stored.
Let’s start with perhaps the original and most well-known furminator brush, which is the product that gave its’ name to a generation of copy-cat products.
Such is its quality of construction and the innovative design that it has become the brush against which all others are measured.
So what is a FURminator?
Actually, it’s worth starting by mentioning what a FURminator isn’t!
It isn’t designed to remove knots from your Husky’s coat.
It is only (and we say ‘only’ in a good way) meant to deal with shed hair in the undercoat.
So before you start a grooming session with a FURminator or furminator-type tool, use a wide-toothed metal comb to straighten the outer guard hairs and identify any knots or mats.
Deal with these knots separately, and only once the coat is snag-free, then reach for the FURminator.
It has a high-quality ergonomic handle designed to fit comfortably in the hand.
The business end consists of a stainless steel blade with extremely fine teeth in it.
The tool quite heavy in the hand, which is a testament to the high-quality materials used in its construction.
The idea is to draw it over the surface of the coat and let the tool do the job.
Just be careful not to bash the rake against the dog’s skin as this will hurt and possibly damage the skin.
This isn’t so much a problem with the Husky, because they have such dense fur, which acts as a fluffy protective barrier to protect the skin.
But it can be a real concern for short-coated dogs.
From this, you will decide there is a choice between a FURminator for Husky long or short coats.
The cutoff point is fur that is longer than two inches.
Below two inches, choose the short-coat option, longer than this, and go for the other option.
And in case you were wondering, this doesn’t mean all the hairs are longer than two inches, because often the undercoat is shorter.
What happens is it combs through the longer hairs leaving them untouched, and instead concentrates on the undercoat to drag out the shed hair.
For maximum efficiency, we would suggest selecting a medium or argue FURminator with a long-hair blade. (The size range is extra small, small, medium, large, and giant.)
Whilst you could use a small brush on a Husky, it would be a bit like trying to sweep your yard with a toothbrush rather than a broom.
When used correctly it does not damage the outer coat but glides through it leaving the hairs untouched.
Simply draw the tool over the surface of the coat, and it will cling onto shed hairs and remove them.
FURminator has such confidence in their product that they claim it reduces shedding by up to 90% – that is of course provided you use it regularly!
One design feature we especially like and distinguishes it from other less expensive products, is the eject button.
When you press the button it dislodges the accumulated shed hair that is caught on the blades and makes it super easy to remove.
This means less time spent cleaning the brush and more time to groom the dog.
To reinforce the point, we found many pet parents who already brushed their dog several times a week with a normal brush, who were convinced their dog didn’t have much-shed hair.
But five minutes with a FURminator proved them wrong as the balls of fur grew and grew and grew.
Indeed, it becomes a strangely addictive pastime – brushing to the dog over to discover just how much more shed hair there was to come out.
There is an exception to every rule and there is the occasional voice that found the FURminator just didn’t work for their dog.
Whether this is down to technique or some unique quality of their coat that doesn’t lend itself to the tool, it’s difficult to know in the face of otherwise overwhelming enthusiasm.
- DOG BRUSH HAIR BRUSH: Our deshedder is developed by pet grooming experts who specialize in animal care. Our Pet Grooming Brush may reduce young & old dogs & cats from shedding by up to 95%. No need to worry about unsightly hair or fur all over your house, beds or car. Consider the savings you'll make on pet grooming tools and visits with your veterinarian or pet groomer. This dog cat grooming comb is so well-priced you can keep one in the house and car
- 100% RISK FREE: Our unconditional MONEY-BACK-GUARANTEE- We only sell NEW shedding brushes for dogs and cats - choose from blue, yellow and pink grooming brushes. We offer a no questions asked 60 Day REPLACEMENT TOOL or REFUND if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase. Our promise to you - It’s as simple as that for our Dog Comb
- HIGH QUALITY PET HAIR REMOVER: Made from materials that feature a non-irritation 100mm-4 inch heavy duty replaceable stainless steel pet comb, safe blade cover that protects the blades life span. Durable rubber handle for non-slip grip; strong stem-handle that will not break. It’s a perfect grooming comb for cats and dogs - A versatile stand alone pet tool for grooming. It’s a quick clean way to remove loose dog & cat hair undercoat while gaining shinier top coat brush
- PET SHEDDING BRUSH: Best for de shedding small to big animals. Our product protects your cat and dog from coat irritation. Also, a sure fire way to help prevent damaging the topcoat whilst promoting a soft, smooth, healthier skin & coat for your pet. Suitable for pets with single and double coats; brushing will leave your pet with healthy skin and a shiny coat. Reduce coat issues with regular brushing of your furry companion that will reduce chance of reactions in your home
- SHARE A PETS LOVE: BUY a spare one; one for a loved one and one for a friend. RECOMMENDED by both Veterinarians and Professional Pet Groomers. Be amazed at the results of our Cat Brush and Dog Brush for ALL SHAPES & SIZES – Small Medium and Large – Cats and Dogs that have short medium and long hair. Use our Pet Brush confidently on all your pets. Trimming in just a 10 minute session. Also available - replacement stainless combs in blue, pink and yellow colors. A perfect cat hair remover
You could be forgiven for mistaking the DakPets for an actual FURminator, because they do have more than a passing similarity of appearance, with similar color schemes and logos on the merchandise.
On closer examination, the hand is less fancy and doesn’t have the same ergonomic handgrip, but the business end, the de-shedding blade, certainly looks mighty similar.
However, whilst it claims to decrease shedding by 90%, Dak Pets say their de-shedder will reduce it by 95%! Wow.
OK, so how do they differ?
The first thing is the eject button, which makes cleaning the head of the tool super easy.
However, this is a nice to have the option, but not a show stopper as it only takes seconds to use your fingers to quickly pluck shed hair from the blade.
The second difference is the price tag.
This de-shedding tool currently costs around half that of an original FURminator.
So if the idea appeals and you’d like to test out using a furminator-type grooming tool, then this one won’t break the bank but is still good quality.
It is available in three attractive colors: pink, turquoise, or yellow.
Unlike the brand FURminator, this grooming tool comes in one size only – similar to medium in a FURminator, and the same blade is designed to tackle both short and long coats.
The latter is a boon if you aren’t certain which category your dog falls into, or indeed if you own several dogs with different coat types and you don’t want to spend out on two tools.
Many users had tried other de-shedding products, including the original FURminator, and found this one to be equally good.
If it does have a fault it’s that it comes in one size.
Whilst this is fine for a Husky owner, it can be a disadvantage is you have a small dog or a cat, as the blade can catch on boney areas and cause discomfort.
3 used from $13.95
- Best pet grooming tool! Leave behind the grooming headache, removing up to 95% of dead hair and tangles from your cat and dog easily IN JUST 10 MINUTES! Keep your furniture and floors free of pet hair while SAVING MONEY and TIME on expensive visits to the vet for pet grooming services! Get valuable grooming tips on the ‘Four Dog Care’ FREE E-book!
- A durable shedding tool! This dog and cat comb is MADE TO LAST through long years of effortless pet grooming! With the 100mm STAINLESS STEEL BLADE protected by a cover for your safety and the blade longevity and the STURDY, EASY-GRIP HANDLE, it promise top precision. It is a long-lasting deshedding tool, a MUST-HAVE pet hair remover!
- Healthy, shiny pet coat! Rid your four-legged friend of undercoat and loose hair effortlessly, and keep at bay allergies by frequently brushing them! Have your pet thankful for the professional services of a dog/cat deshedding tool and establish strong bonds between you and your four-legged friend!
- TA Thoughtful gift to all pet owners! Easy to use and causing not a speck of discomfort, this grooming brush will put a wide smile on the face of the lucky pet owner! It will relieve their dog or cat from shedding, trimming pet grooming time to just 10 minutes. Offer it on all occasions to save them time, money and effort and show off your excellent taste!
- 100% SATISFACTION: All Pet Neat products are satisfaction for life. Click Add to Cart now!
FURminator is great but pricey, Dak Pets is fab and a great price, but the Pet Neat is awesome and even more reasonably priced than the Dak Pets product.
So what do you get with a Pet Neat?
It is a sturdy design with a handle that just won’t break and is comfortable to hold with rubberized grips.
The de-shedding blade is four inches wide (the same as the Dak Pets) and is suitable for all coat types.
It promises to drag out shed hair and subtly thin the coat with regular use.
This is a truly affordable price so if you are skeptical about whether a furminator is right for your dog, then you can give the Pet Neat a try.
With the reduction in pet hair and dander wafting around the home, it’s also a great way to reduce pet allergens in the environment for those owners who suffer from allergies.
Plus you’ll spend less time vacuuming up all that shed hair.
If you’ve never used a furminator before, just be aware that you don’t dig the brush in.
Rather, glide the blade over the surface of the coat and let it do the work for you.
Be especially careful over boney areas such as elbows or the tail.
If you press hard and rake the skin, this could cause soreness and irritation.
We were delighted with the range of products at a variety of price points.
Whether you want the original (and some would say ‘best’) FURminator or want a more economical purchase, there is something to delight every Husky owner.
Check them out today and get addicted to getting rid of that shed hair before it hits the floor.
Top 3 Best Furminators for Husky
The top 3 Best Dog Furminators for Huskies reviewed. Find out which furminator will best suit your dog's situation!