Our dear furry friends can, at times, develop dental issues and sensitive teeth, sometimes this can even lead to them losing their teeth. This can be really sad for them, and us, their owners too.
They can’t eat like they used to, and even simple things like picking up balls can be painful or challenging. But we have to just sigh and realize that this is part of life, and all we can do is our best as great doggie parents. And in these painful times, we need to find the right option for bad teeth, at least then our friends can continue to enjoy food without too much pain.
When changing your dog’s diet, we suggest finding a wet food, as dry options can easily aggravate the problem, or be too painful. While it takes time to adjust to a change in diet, it is totally manageable.
Best Dog Food for Bad Teeth
- Contains twenty-four (24) 3.5 oz. trays of NUTRO Grain Free Wet Dog Food Cuts in Gravy: (6) Simmered Beef & Potato Stew, (6) Savory Lamb & Vegetables Stew, (6) Tender Chicken, Sweet Potato & Pea Stew, (6) Roasted Turkey, Potato & Pea Stew
- Real beef, lamb, chicken, or turkey is the first ingredient in these delicious wet dog foods
- Grain free adult dog food that is rich in nutrients and full of flavor
- Made with non-GMO ingredients*
- NO corn, wheat, or soy, NO chicken by-product meal, NO artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors
Eating wet food does not mean a life of mashed food, absolutely not. When we think of wet food, we often think of the standard canned food with little texture and no chunks, but that’s not the way it has to be.
- Flavor – Variety Pack of Chicken, Turkey, Beef, & Lamb
- Size – 3.5oz pack of 24
- Why We Recommend – Added chunks make the food incredibly tasty yet easy to eat, and the containers are super convenient.
Nutro makes things real tasty with cuts in gravy. Even with bad teeth, your doggie can still eat those meaty chunks of food they love. They will feel satisfied, and you will feel good to know they can still get a complete and delicious meal despite their teeth sensitives.
What we love about this food aside from the chunky goodness is that the ingredients are sourced from trusted farmers and suppliers. They make sure their ingredients are wholesome and never use fillers such as chicken by-products, soy, artificial flavors, or preservatives.
Rather this food is packed full of vitamins and nutrients, and made of high-quality proteins sure to give our doggies the energy and strength they need. We can feel good knowing the food is only going to support our dogs and never bring them down.
- Packaging convenient
- Good quality food
- Looks tasty
- Cuts in gravy tasty
- Gave some dogs gas
- Plastic packaging a bit wasteful
- Has wheat gluten
Of course, when looking for dog food we search for foods great for our dog’s health, but it doesn’t hurt when it also makes things easy for us. This food comes in an easy to open, convenient tray. Just pull the top off like you would a yogurt, and you’re ready to feed. No more can openers or tricky metal ring-pulls with Nutro Wet Dog.
Wellness Core Natural
- ADVANCED NATURAL NUTRITION TO FUEL YOUR DOGS BEST LIFE: Premium protein expertly balanced with nutrient rich superfoods for a complete and balanced dog food, with the nutrients your dog needs to thrive and no fillers
- SAVORY FOOD DOGS LOVE: Wellness CORE is available in grain and grain free recipes, as well as limited ingredient diets for dogs with food sensitivities
- LEANER BODY MASS AND MUSCLE TONE: This recipe is made with a high concentration of protein from fresh meat ingredients; contains no meat byproducts, wheat, corn, soy, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- WHOLE BODY HEALTH: Premium, nutrient rich ingredients and guaranteed mineral levels support strong immune systems, optimal energy, digestive health and healthy skin and coat
- WELLNESS NUTRITION: Created by nutritionists, veterinarians and animal lovers, our recipes provide an ideal balance of nature's finest ingredients, carefully selected to nourish and sustain your pet's wellbeing
When it comes to finding the proper dog food for your dog with bad teeth, you want to, first of all, find something they can eat, such as wet food, but you also want to find something the supports dental health. Our poor pups are already not in their prime with their bad teeth, but it doesn’t need to escalate!
Good wet food will be full of nutrients that support the teeth and gums as well as other vital parts like the eyes. Wellness Core packs each can full of nutrients, they understand a doggie on wet food may need some extra nutrients and so they provide.
- Flavor – Turkey, chicken liver, & turkey liver formula
- Size – 12.5oz pack of 12
- Why We Recommend – This food is full of nutrients and great for digestion.
We don’t just go for the stuff that supports dental health though; we look for food that provides as many benefits as possible. We want the best for our doggies after all. Wellness Core adds live active probiotics, prebiotics as well as fiber for good digestion and for an overall healthy intestinal tract.
This food is ideal for dogs who tend to have regular stomach upset or trouble digesting food but is still a great and balanced diet for regular dogs.
What makes our dogs more healthy than having a strong immune system? Having a great immune system keeps the disease away and promotes overall health. We love this food because it is full of vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids such as Omega 3 and 6. These extra goodies keep the immune system strong while promoting shiny fur and healthy cell activity.
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Nutrients that support gum and tooth health
- Full of proteins and veggies
- Contains sodium selenite
- Some dogs did not like this food
- Sometimes food said to be too creamy and soft
With no grains, Wellness Core is packed full of protein and veggies. Your dog will certainly be fueled by this amazingly delicious food. Pups’ energy and excitement towards the food will make the two of you forget about their bad teeth too!
- GRAIN FREE DOG FOOD OR TOPPER WITH USA RAISED BEEF: Instinct Grain Free Stew wet dog food is made with responsibly sourced USA raised beef as the #1 ingredient - the perfect natural dog food or dry dog food topper for picky dogs and puppies.
- GRAIN FREE DOG FOOD: Made from real meat and whole food ingredients, our wet dog food is packed with animal protein for strong, lean muscles. Served as a meal or topper, these delicious cuts in gravy are a taste that small dogs to large dogs crave.
- RAW INSPIRED WET DOG FOOD: Our canned dog food offers complete & balanced nutrition from real ingredients, including natural Omegas, to support your dog's health from puppy to senior. Made in the USA with the finest ingredients from around the world.
- NATURAL WET DOG FOOD IN SAVORY GRAVY: Grain free cuts of beef in savory gravy with whole food ingredients. Made without grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, carrageenan, artificial colors or preservatives - ingredients known to trigger food sensitivities
- OUR BEST DOG STEW: We craft wet & dry dog food from real ingredients. Compare Instinct to Blue Buffalo, Rachel Ray, Hills Science Diet, Purina One, Taste of the Wild, Merrick, Natural Balance, Wellness, Orijen, Royal Canin, Fromm, Acana & Nutro.
Let’s face it, at times our furry friends think they are wolves, at least they pretend, even though they are real softies at heart. But when their teeth start acting up, some of that wild wolf goes to sleep; chewing into bones, a stick, or even their dry food may hurt, and stunt the animal within.
Instinct will bring that side back; with food inspired by a raw diet, your dog can embrace his primal side without hurting his sensitive teeth.
- Flavor – Beef with carrots and peas
- Size – 12.7oz in a case of 6
- Why We Recommend – We love the raw inspired diet and tasty cuts in gravy
Full of chunky goodness, this food can easily become your dog’s favorite meal, and if their teeth can handle it, add in some of the raw kibbles to their wet food and the wild dog inside of them will go nuts.
We love that this meal is versatile and works with dogs of all sizes and ages. No matter what the differences are between your dogs, this is a meal that can be shared by all. This food is even good for sensitive doggies as it is grain-free and uses high-quality ingredients.
There will never be any grains, potatoes, corn, wheat, soy, carrageenan, artificial colors or preservatives.
Whether or not your dog is sensitive, a limited ingredient diet is a good option, it reduces their intake of unnecessary and even unhealthy products and instead uses ingredients that will sustain them and provide optimal health.
- High-quality ingredients
- Free of artificial colors & Preservatives
- Needs more meat
- Cans said to be only ¾ full and with lots of liquid
- Kcal per cup said to be lower than other products
When looking at dog food, the first ingredient says a lot about the meal, the first for this one is cage-free chicken that has been responsibly sourced. This tells us that this food is high in protein and that they get products from reliable sources. Whether our doggies are in good health or not, a food high in protein such as Instinct will support them and offer sustainable energy without an energy crash.
- REAL CHICKEN FIRST: This tasty wet dog food features high-quality protein from real chicken, plus complex carbohydrates to help your buddy stay active and healthy
- FEED THREE WAYS: Mix BLUE Freedom grain free wet food for adult dogs into your pal’s favorite dry food, sprinkle it on top or serve as a mouthwatering meal on its own
- NATURAL DOG FOOD: All BLUE canned dog foods are made with the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals
- MADE WITHOUT WHEAT: Unlike many other dog food brands, BLUE never uses wheat as a thickener in our wet dog food. There are also NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, and NO corn, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives
- Contains twelve (12) 12.5-oz cans of Blue Buffalo Freedom Grain Free Natural Adult Wet Dog Food, Chicken
Blue Freedom knows how to make a dish with ingredients that count. With no grains, this meal is great for our furry friends who have any food sensitivities or are just overall sensitive dogs. There is never any allergens such as chicken by-product meals, artificial flavors, preservatives, corn, wheat, dairy, soy, or eggs.
- Flavor – Grain-free chick
- Size – 12.5oz pack of 12
- Why We Recommend – Easy to digest and filled with good proteins
Rather than using grains, and common allergens, they use ingredients that offer optimal nutrition. For instance, this food would be particularly great for dogs with bad teeth because it has just the right amount of calcium and essential vitamins that promote both healthy bones and teeth.
This food also has no chunks, which may be a better option for dogs who have trouble with the kibble in gravy.
Doggies with bad teeth may have trouble chewing, and even though this is wet food, they may skip most of the chewing process and swallow the food too quickly; this, of course, can cause stomach upset.
To help with the digestion process, a perfect blend of veggies, fruits, and micronutrients are added, which can help prevent stomach and digestion issues – ideal for our furry friends who seem to inhale their food.
When looking for dog food for bad teeth, find one that will energize them. Bad teeth can cause bad pain, and when feeling this way, dogs are less active and even lethargic. Certainly speak to your vet about ways to manage the pain, but also provide food that makes them feel good and alive.
Some foods packed with fillers will make a dog sleepy, but food with high-quality ingredients and good proteins will give them sustainable energy.
- No fillers
- Uses complex carbs
- Good for digestion
- No allergens
- Some said consistency is bad
- Some dogs would not touch it
- Gave some dogs an upset stomach
Blue Freedom uses turkey as the first ingredient, which makes it high in protein, in addition to the meat, they use potatoes and oatmeal, complex carbs that are easy to digest and sure to energize the dog.
$28.24 in stock
- Senior dog food formulated with key nutrients that support your older dog's health
- Uses a balanced set of minerals to promote a healthy heart and kidneys in dogs 7 years and older
- Made with purposeful, easily digestible ingredients your grown dog will love
- Provides mature dogs with high quality protein to help maintain lean muscle
- Heavenly wet food made with natural ingredients
When our doggies teeth are not in the best shape, it is our duty to prevent further issues, and offer them food that will nourish and fill their soul, and bellies. When fed Hills Science, your dog will be quite happy; the cuts will be thoroughly appetizing for them and have them begging for more, dogs simply love the texture of it.
- Flavor – Chicken, and zucchini
- Size – 12.5oz pack of 12
- Why We Recommend – It is made of high-quality lean protein and nutritious veggies
Maybe, just maybe if they are good you can sneak them a little for seconds; this is because this meal is made with veggies full of vitamins and minerals, and the protein is always made of lean meats that promote strong, lean muscles.
When choosing this food, you are choosing a trusted and well-established brand of dog food. Hill’s Science is a brand you can feel great about; their food is precisely formulated to include all the right nutrients to make a proportionate and complete meal.
This is done by experts such as scientists, nutritionists, and vets who do extensive research and look at each ingredient to find a winning combination to promote longevity and overall health.
- Lean protein
- No fillers
- Research behind formula
- Said to be liquidy
- Has rice starch
- Has peas which can be an allergen
When dealing with a dog with bad teeth, we want to provide the absolute best hence the inclusion of Hills to our list. Unfortunately, one health problem can lead to another, but by being proactive about their diet and exercise, they can avoid this downhill battle.
For dog food for bad teeth, sure to be healthy, and offer optimal protein and energy levels we choose Nutro as our winner of the best dog food for bad teeth.
What we love about this food is that it is filled with nutrients that support the teeth and gums. So this food is not just one they can eat because it is wet, but one that promotes health in the area they need it most.
It is not just that their food is good for the teeth and gums, but it has so many more health benefits. GMO-free, this food is highly digestible and supports a healthy intestinal tract. Additionally, this food supports a strong immune system and promotes shiny fur and healthy cell activity.
With no grains, this food is easy on the stomach and extremely delicious. We love it for the health benefits, but your dog will come begging just for the taste of it.
Best Dog Food for Bad Teeth
Dry foods are generally no good for dogs with bad teeth - we have reviewed the best dog foods to help make the decision easier for your dog!
- Nutro Wet
- Wellness Core Natural
- Instinct Grain-Free
- Blue Freedom
- Hill's Science