Are tiny red bites all over your dog’s skin? Just a few fleas in the house can multiply faster than you think. As soon as you notice flea bites on your dog you need to assume they are in your house. Fleas stay on dogs and hop around from one area to another causing pain and discomfort as well as spreading throughout your entire house, read more about the lifespan of a flea here, but first you will need to get a flea spray for your dog.
Your goal is to protect your home by finding the best flea powder for carpets. There are thousands of flea powders available which makes most pet parents feel overwhelmed. We made it easy for you by researching and finding the best flea powder that gets the job done and protects your home, dog, and the entire family.
Remember fleas multiply quickly so the tiny two fleas you might find on your dog can soon become fifty. Act quickly by reading below to find out which flea powder is best for your carpet.
Best Flea Powder for Carpets
- 3-lbs canister
- Treats approximately 5 rooms
- Children and pets can come in immediately after application
- Treat you carpets, area rugs and baseboards (cracks/crevices)
Fleabusters is safe for pets and children just moments after you apply it to the carpet. It starts working immediately and can treat up to five rooms.
- Weight – 3.4 pounds
- Dimensions – 7” X 4” X 4” inches
- Warranty – Yes
- Why We Recommend – It’s powerful, fast-acting, and safe for pets and children.
This flea powder is an excellent option for pet parents that have young children. It’s often difficult to keep young children from roaming around the house just to avoid coming into contact with flea powder. This flea powder comes in a three-pound canister that can treat up to five rooms, depending on the size of each room.
Children love to run around the house with their shoes off and put their toys on the floor. You won’t need to worry about your child coming into contact with this flea powder because it’s safe. Your children can enter the room immediately after application.
The flea powder is excellent for carpets and rugs plus you can also put it in any crevices or cracks on the baseboards. A common area fleas hide is in the small crack at the corner of baseboards. This flea powder fits perfectly inside small areas.
- Safe for pets
- Safe for children
- Treats carpets
- Treats rugs
- Treats baseboards
- Only available in the 3-pound size
A common concern among homeowners is the possible damage flea powder can do to their carpet. Pet parents can feel confident using this flea powder since it doesn’t cause stains and it doesn’t have an odor.
Family members and visitors to your home will not even know flea powder has been applied to the carpet. Fleabusters gets the job done, doesn’t stink, and is safe for pets and children.
- Carpet Flea killer
- Kills Fleas, Ticks, lice, ants, silverfish, roaches
Enforcer for carpets is a multi-insect powder that keeps fleas and other insects out of your house. You will be happy to learn you don’t have to live with fleas attacking your dog or family anymore.
- Weight – 1.3 pounds
- Dimensions – 4” X 4” 9” inches
- Shipping – U.S.A and International
- Why We Recommend – This product is an excellent flea killer but also kills other household insects.
Do you struggle to keep your home insect-free? It’s not your fault that your home gets invaded by these pesky insects. Fleas are common in households especially when you have a dog. These tiny little creatures can bite your dog, your family, and multiply throughout your house.
Killing and preventing fleas is essential to ridding your home from these harmful creatures. This carpet powder has a quick-acting formula that kills fleas in your home but also kills ticks, silverfish, ants, and roaches. The powder actually breaks the flea life cycle within 30 minutes which prevents them from multiplying in the future.
You can use this powder on carpets, floors, upholstered furniture, and more. The fresh scent smells like the ocean breeze and eliminates pet and other household odors. Pet parents that discovered they have fleas in their house often want to act quickly to get rid of the pests. This quick-acting flea powder will kill them within 30 minutes.
- Works fast
- Smells fresh and clean
- Kills other insects
- Stops the lifecycle of fleas
- Easy to use
- Strong fresh scent
You can get rid of your fleas today with Enforcer for carpets and upholstery. Simply shake the powder directly from the container onto the carpet then wait 30 minutes before vacuuming to remove the powder. It’s that quick and easy!
- LONG LASTING CONTROL: PetArmor Home & Carpet Spray kills all stages of fleas and protects against reinfestation for up to 7 months. Kills fleas, dust mites and lice.
- PET ODOR: PetArmor Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray freshens and deodorizes carpets, has a clean fresh scent, and is available in a 16 oz. ounce size.
- EFFECTIVE AGAINST PESTS: PetArmor Home Powder kills brown dog ticks, fleas, and flea eggs, flea larvae, and flea pupae.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: Find fleas or ticks on your pet? They are probably in your home. Fleas lay up to 50 eggs a day. PetArmor Home Carpet Power helps you in the fight against fleas and ticks.
- PETS ARE FAMILY: PetArmor flea and tick home products help you confidently protect your furry family member from fleas and ticks at home without a visit to the vet.
PetArmor for carpets is a powerful solution that kills fleas by destroying adult fleas plus flea pupae and larvae. Get rid of fleas in your house with this powerful flea powder.
- Weight – 1.1 pounds
- Dimensions – 7.1” X 3” X 3” inches
- Shipping – In the United States only
- Why We Recommend – Effectively interrupts the life cycle of fleas at any stage and prevents them from returning for up to one year.
Kill fleas and ticks with this effective flea powder for carpets. You can protect your family from flea bites and diseases transmitted by ticks and fleas.
This flea powder can treat up to 400 square feet from one container. It is powerful and disrupts the life cycle which is extremely important to prevent fleas from returning.
Some flea powders only kill adult fleas while this one kills every stage of life making it a valuable product to use to protect your home from these awful pests. The flea powder prevents the development of adult fleas for one year by immediately disrupting every individual flea life process.
An added benefit of this powder is it has a fresh scent that deodorizes your carpets and leaves behind a refreshing clean smell.
- Kills adult fleas
- Kills fleas at any point in the life cycle
- Easy to use
- Smells fresh and clean
- Only ships in the United States
PetArmor keeps your home protected from fleas all year long. Pet parents that have fleas inside their home often feel helpless because they multiply so fast.
The reason this happens is due to other powders not killing all life cycles of the fleas which means they kill adult fleas, but a few weeks later fleas reappear because they weren’t killed. This flea powder gets the job done and prevents fleas from returning.
- PEST CONTROL: Kills fleas, ticks, flea eggs, and flea larvae.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Starts working on contact and kills all stages of the flea life cycle.
- LONG LASTING CONTROL: Breaks the flea life cycle and controls re-infestation for up to 365 days.
- TREATS 1-2 ROOMS: One 16oz container treats up to 400 square feet.
- FRESH CITRUS SCENT: Flea carpet treatment freshens and deodorizes home with pleasant citrus scent.
Adams controls flea re-infestation for up to one year. The fresh citrus scent keeps your home smelling fresh and clean.
- Weight – 1 pound
- Dimensions – 2.5” X 2.5” X 7.6” inches
- Shipping – In the United States only
- Why We Recommend – This product kills fleas and every stage of their life cycle and keeps them away for one year.
Get ready to destroy fleas and get them out of your house. This powerful flea powder kills flea larvae, eggs, adult fleas, and ticks. It contains Nylar which is a botanically derived insecticide that interrupts the growth of fleas during any stage of their life cycle. It also prevents re-infestation for up to one year.
Pet parents that have been struggling to get rid of fleas in their home often feel desperate, so they keep applying the same old flea powder on their carpet and rugs. Flea powders that don’t have the power to destroy every stage of the life cycle often take longer to get rid of fleas compared to powders that do have the strength.
This flea powder is easy to apply to the carpet. One 16 ounce container has the power to treat 400 square feet or up to two rooms. Depending on the size of your home and rooms, the powder can stretch further and cover more square feet.
- Fresh Scent
- Kills fleas in all stages of their life cycle
- Prevents fleas from hatching
- Prevents fleas from returning
- Only available in a 16 ounce can
- Only ships in the United States
Adams contains a potent mixture of ingredients that kills fleas and keeps your family safe and smelling clean. Pet parents that follow a busy daily schedule will appreciate this flea powder because you apply it once and keeps fleas away for one year.
- GET THE JOB DONE : Natural Care Flea and Tick Carpet Powder kills fleas, flea eggs, tick, and ants on contact.
- NATURAL, NOT HARSH : Our carpet powder uses natural plant extracts (mint oils and geraniol) to powerfully and naturally kill pests. No harsh chemicals!
- IT WON’T STAIN : You can use Natural Care Flea and Tick Carpet Powder on carpets, rugs, upholstery, or pet bedding without any worry of staining.
- HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED? : One container treats up to 800 square feet, which should be approximately enough for a small apartment.
- SAFE TO USE Natural Care Flea and Tick Carpet Powder is safe to use around dogs and cats 12 weeks or older and the entire family
When the hot days come then usually pests are not far behind, the most annoying of them being fleas. These blood-sucking pests can make both owner and dog itchy. To help prevent fleas from making your house their home, turn to Natural Care.
- Weight-8.1 OZ
- Dimensions-3.6 x 3.6 x 8.8 inches
- Why We Recommend-This flea powder is made of all-natural ingredients safe for the family to be around
When it comes to getting rid of bug pests in the home the first thing that comes to mind is using an exterminator. But they use harmful chemicals that require you to be away from home for a couple of days to avoid harming you and your pets.
Professional exterminators can also be a bit costly. Before taking the exterminator route, try doing your exterminator work by trying out a flea carpet powder, like Natural Care.
Natural Care doesn’t use any harmful chemicals that cause smells, or that can potentially damage your carpet. Only naturally obtained plant extracts are used, which should not irritate you or your pets. Best of all, it will not stain your floors or furniture.
You can use it safely on carpets, rugs, flooring, upholstery, and even your pet’s beds. This flea powder does not kill just fleas either; it can also kill flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, and ants. You can get a broad range spectrum of pest control all in an 8-ounce bottle.
- Made of all-natural ingredients
- Safe for pets
- Safe for humans
- No harsh chemicals
- Works efficiently to remove fleas and ticks
- Only has enough powder to cover the equivalent of a small apartment
- Not vacuum cleaner safe
No more will fleas and their eggs be a problem on your freshly cleaned carpet when you use Natural Care to get rid of them.
- TropiClean Natural Flea & Tick Carpet Powder kills and repels fleas and ticks on carpets and upholstery.
- Powerful natural ingredients continue to repel for up to 30 days.
- Our Natural Flea and Tick Carpet Powder contains no pyrethrin or permethrin. With 5 EPA-approved natural essential oils - clove oil, lemongrass oil, cedarwood oil, cinnamon oil and sesame seed oil - for a pleasant citrus aroma.
- Our unique combination of natural essential oils and baking soda helps to effectively repel fleas, ticks, larvae and eggs.
- One 11 ounce TropiClean Flea & Tick Powder is enough to treat up to 5 rooms when used as directed. Apply 2 ounces per 100 square feet of surface area. For maximum efficacy, wait 24 hours before (lightly) vacuuming. Always read instructions before use.
If you are afraid of using a flea powder with harmful or unknown chemicals, then TropiClean is the protection that you need.
- Weight-11 OZ
- Dimensions-3.8 x 3.8 x 8.5 inches
- Why We Recommend-Uses all-natural ingredients that are even safe to use on pets directly
Tropiclean does not use any harmful chemicals like Pyrethrin and Permethrin in their powder, only all-natural oils extracted from plants that naturally repel fleas. One container is enough to protect five rooms and does not need to be wet to take effect.
You do have to shake the powder before each use to get rid of any clumps. When you spread the powder on your carpets, you can wait a minimum of 60 minutes before vacuuming the powder, but for the full effect, it is best to leave the powder for 24 hours before removing.
You can safely use this powder on any carpet and upholstery. Tropiclean can even be used directly on your pet as long as they are over 12 weeks of age; merely sprinkle the powder over your dog and gently massage it into their fur.
It will not interfere with other flea treatments so you can use it as often as you need to. You do have to be careful not to let the powder get in yours or your pet’s eyes, mouth, or nose as it can cause minor irritation.
- All-natural ingredients
- Safe for pets
- Can protect carpets, upholstery, and pet beds
- Can treat up to five rooms
- Can be stored at room temperature
- Needs 24 hours to work
- Can cause minor eye irritation
- Needs to be shaken before each use
TropiClean is confident that they are all you will need to control and get rid of your flea problem with no strenuous hassles required.
- Kills fleas and ticks
- Kills all 4 stages of the flea: eggs, larvae, pupae and adults
- Starts working on contact
Break the flea life-cycle before it becomes a problem for you and your pets by using the BioSpot Active.
- Weight-16 OZ
- Dimensions-2.5 x 2.5 x 7.6 inches
- Why We Recommend-This flea powder starts working on contact so flea issues will start to disappear immediately
Fleas are troublesome pests that can multiply in just a few days. One flea is all it takes to start an infestation, and the more fleas there are, the harder it will be to manage. You can take a step in managing your flea infestation by using a carpet powder like Bio Spot. Bio Spot claims that you will start seeing a difference in your flea problems in as little as 60 minutes.
When the powder touches the fleas, it will kill them, ending the flea cycle. The powder also works to kill flea eggs, flea pupae, flea larvae, and ticks. For complete coverage, it is best to leave the powder in your carpet or upholstery for up to 24 hours before vacuuming it up.
Unfortunately, this carpet powder does use chemicals that are toxic to people and pets, so it is best not to be in the room while the powder is present. But, the protection from fleas will still be there when the powder is removed.
- Works fast on contact
- Stops the flea life-cycle
- Works on carpets and upholstery
- Can start giving full coverage protection after 60 minutes
- Contains chemicals that are harmful to people and pets
When you see how fast BioSpot Active starts to work, you will be wondering why you did not try this carpet powder at the beginning of your flea problems.
- Kills all stages of the flea
- Protects pets, home and family
- Control re-infestation for 7 months
Retake control of your home and stop fleas before they even pass your doorstep by using Sergeant’s Sentry Home.
- Weight-16 OZ
- Dimensions-10.6 x 7.5 x 9 inches
- Why We Recommend-Kills fleas and their life-stages fast and provides several month protection after application
Stop the flea life-cycle in its tracks by using the Sentry Carpet Powder. This carpet powder is strong enough to stop fleas, flea eggs, flea pupae, flea larvae, and even ticks before they become a troublesome household pest. This powder does use chemicals such as pyriproxyfen and pyrethrins, which are known to be harmful to both people and pets.
You must use caution when using this powder that it does not get on you or your clothes as it can cause irritation or other harmful side effects. When the powder is in use, be sure no one is in the room as a safety precaution. But once you leave the powder long enough to take effect, vacuum it up and you should have complete flea protection for up to seven months.
Your entire family, pets, and people included will feel more secure and safe not having to worry about fleas constantly being a burden or feeding off of you and your pets.
- Kills fleas fast
- Stops the flea life-cycle
- Protects for up to seven months
- Uses chemicals that can be harmful to pets and people
It does not take much to prevent a flea problem from becoming a flea infestation. All you need is the power of Sentry Home in your hand to stop flea from becoming a significant problem.
- Kills fleas, ticks, lice, ants, silverfish and roaches
- Breaks the flea life cycle
- Island rain fragrance
- Just sprinkle and vacuum
If you have younger pets in the home and want to make sure that they never suffer the burden of having fleas, then the Enforcer is the flea treatment that you need.
- Weight-20 OZ
- Dimensions-3.1 x 3.1 x 8.1 inches
- Why We Recommend-Starts killing fleas quickly on contact
Some flea powders require that you leave them on the carpet for about an hour, or even up to 24 hours. These powders contain harmful chemicals, so that means that you will not be able to enter the room with the powder until it is vacuumed up. This can be quite burdensome, especially if you are using the powder in a heavily populated room.
Even though this powder does use harsh chemicals, you do not have to leave the powder out for long. You can sprinkle the powder over the carpet, let it sit for at least ten minutes, vacuum it up, then you can go about your business in the room free of worry. Fleas will start to die off quickly, putting an end to the flea life-cycle that produces more annoying fleas.
Your entire family will no longer have to worry about fleas feasting on them if you use this powder right when you see a flea. The earlier you start the flea control, the less you will have to worry about it.
- Works in as little as 10 minutes
- Kills fleas on contact
- Kills a variety of household bug pets
- Does not explicitly specify what the “other ingredients” are
Thanks to how fast Enforcer works you will not have to wait long to see your flea pest problem start to disappear.
- OPTIMAL COVERAGE – Our flea powder for carpets and upholstery covers approximately 1,000 Sq. Ft. and should last the average home approximately one year. Works on carpet and under cushions. Dry crystals easily vacuum up.
- CARPET USE - Apply to dry carpet only. Vacuum all carpeted areas in your home. By shaking container from side to side lightly sprinkle evenly over entire carpeted areas including under beds and furniture where carpet can be seen, wait at least 5 days and then vacuum treated areas.
- UPHOLSTERY USE - Remove loose cushions, apply along creases and into corners and furniture wells. Do not apply product on top of cushions. Any product visible after application should be removed. Dry, crystal powder easily vacuums up. Requires approximately 2-4 weeks to work optimally.
- MADE IN THE USA and VETERINARIAN FORMULATED - All NaturVet products are veterinarian formulated and manufactured in the USA in an FDA audited, cGMP compliant facility.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - All NaturVet products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you aren't satisfied for any reason you can get a full refund!
NatureVet is a product made in the United States that kills fleas embedded into carpet and rugs. Your home will be free from fleas all year long with this flea powder.
- Weight – 2.2 pounds
- Shipping – In the United States only
- Warranty – Yes
- Why We Recommend – This product is easy to apply to carpets and keeps fleas away from carpets and furniture.
This excellent flea powder for carpets comes in a two-pound container that can cover up to 1,000 square feet. Depending on the size of the house, this one container can last one household one year.
The crystals are easily applied to carpets by shaking the container side to side where fleas are found. Allow the small crystals to remain in the area for five days then vacuum the area. Avoid applying the flea powder directly on your dog.
Does your furniture have upholstery? You can apply the flea powder to the furniture by removing the cushions and applying the powder to furniture wells and corners where fleas like to hide. Avoid applying the product directly to cushions. Allow it to sit for five days then vacuum the powder.
This flea powder is powerful and long-lasting, but you should expect to wait at least two to four weeks until you see results.
This product is specially made with the approval of veterinarians and is cGMP compliant as well as FDA audited.
- The fleas crystals kill all fleas
- The large container lasts an entire year
- Easy to apply
- Easy to vacuum
- It takes 2 to 4 weeks to kill all fleas
- Only comes in a 2-pound container
NaturVet kills fleas and prevents them from returning. It’s an excellent choice that helps keep your home free from fleas.
Hartz Ultra Guard
|Catalog Number List||Catalog Number List Element: 189895-895|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 252; Length: 650; Weight: 109; Width: 260|
|Product Type Name||GROCERY|
|Title||Hartz Ultra Guard Plus Flea And Tick Carpet Powder 1 Lbs. Fresh Scent|
Make sure that you stop fleas from populating your home by stopping them before they grow with the Hartz Ultra Plus.
- Weight-16 OZ
- Why We Recommend-Controls fleas before they can multiply and become an even bigger problem to manage
Not all flea powders explain how they work, but Hartz wants to make sure that you know about the product and its functions before you use it within your home. Hartz works by targeting the first two stages of the flea life cycle, the flea eggs, and larvae.
If these early stages are not dealt with, then the flea can grow into an adult stage, which means even more fleas to deal with when they reproduce. By using Hartz, you will prevent fleas from developing into the troubling adult stage that will ultimately end up feeding off of your pet.
Hartz does use chemicals in their flea and tick powder to get a strong, full effect. But because of that, it is best that no one, especially children and pets, are in the room when the powder is used. Once the powder has taken its effect the room should be safe to enter.
A plus that does come from using Hartz’s flea powder is that you will get protection for a full year without needing to replenish or re-apply the powder.
- Stops fleas at all life stages
- A clean, fresh scent
- Protects for up to a year
- Can also kill ticks
- Can be used on carpets and most floor types
- Not entirely safe around young children
Fleas love the taste of your dog, but your dog does not enjoy having the irritating bugs nipping at their bodies all day. With the Hartz Ultra Plus, you can be sure to stop fleas in their steps before they become a burden.
- Kill Fleas, Ticks, Bed Bugs, Mites and Other Bugs in Your Carpet
- Long Lasting - Last up to 1 Year
- Does Not Contain Diatomaceous Earth (DE) or Crystalline Silica
- All Natural - Safe for Your Family and Pets
- Does Not Harm Your Carpet
Cedar Bug-Free is a safe alternative to use in your home when fleas have become a daily problem.
- Weight-3.3 lbs
- Natural Ingredients-Yes
- Why We Recommend-Provides homes year-long protection that stops fleas from becoming an infestation
Traditional carpet flea powders tend to use harsh chemicals to kill a flea infestation. While the chemical flea powders do have a faster effect time, they are also dangerous to humans and pets by being a risk of damaging the nervous system.
To protect people and their pets Cedar Bug-Free stays away from harsh chemicals such as Diatomaceous Earth and Crystalline Silica. Instead, Cedar Bug-Free uses natural odors that block the breathing pores of bug pests while also dehydrating them. The powder will only harm the pest bugs, never you or your pets.
The powder is electrostatically charged, meaning that it will attach itself to the base fibers of your carpet and make it hard for the powder to be vacuumed up instantly. Thanks to the charge, you can have pest control protection from a few months to even a full year without needing to reapply the powder.
- Non-toxic ingredients
- Safer pest control alternative
- Kills all types of bug infestations
- Uses odors to kill bugs rather than chemicals
- Does not damage carpets
- Can take some time before an effect of the powder can be seen
Sprinkle the Cedar Bug-Free in your home and watch your flea problems become a thing of the past.
Dogs can easily track fleas into the house without you realizing it. Pet parents often discover fleas on their dogs when they observe their pup scratching and whining in discomfort. Small red bites on your dog’s skin and seeing fleas on the skin while petting your dog are the two common scenarios for discovering the presence of fleas.
It’s essential that you act quickly to prevent them from spreading further throughout your home, either with a spray or powder. Fleas use your dog and your family as hosts to food. Their bites are painful and sometimes cause skin infections. Fleas can spend their entire life cycle in your home and continue to breed until they are uncontrollable.
Our top pick from this list is Fleabusters Powder for Carpets. The powerful and effective flea powders for carpets listed above will help kill, destroy life cycles, and prevent fleas from returning. Some of the flea powders also have the ability to kill other insects such as ticks. Choose the best flea powder according to your specific situation.