All pet parents want to keep their pooches happy and healthy! By following that age-old adage… your dog it what he eats — ok I’m paraphrasing — you too can keep your little fur baby as healthy as possible for the long run!
Did you know, that the Pomeranian suffers from several common medical conditions? These include dental issues, hypoglycemia, and luxating patella.
But, the good news is, that if you’re a responsible pet owner from the get-go, by feeding your dog one of the best dog foods for Pomeranians, and ensuring that they have a suitable amount of exercise – you can significantly help your dog to avoid many medical problems!
And let’s be honest, that’s not only great for My Poochykins but for your bank balance too – after all, we all know that visits to the local veterinarian are far from cheap.
Best Dog Food for Pomeranians
In the search for the best dog foods for Pomeranians, the Blue Buffalo Wilderness Adult Dry Dog Food ranks pretty high due to its very balanced nutritional profile.
- Flavors Available – Chicken, Duck, Salmon
- Main Ingredients – High-quality protein, egg, vegetables
- Easy to Digest – YES
- Why We Recommend –Various flavors available, specialized for a healthy immune system
The first ingredient, no matter the flavor you choose is high-quality deboned meat which is then complemented with wholesome fruits and vegetables for a healthy mix of carbohydrates. This product is grain-free, and also does not contain any meat by-products, corn, wheat, or soy.
Blue was started by a family when their dog got sick. They wanted to develop a food that would support a healthy immune system for their beloved pet, and now all of us can reap the benefits of this easily digestible, nutrient-rich dog food that will keep your Pomeranian happy, energetic, and healthy.
Enriched with Omega Fatty Acids, this food will keep your Pomeranian’s skin healthy and his coat shiny. Moreover, the unique Blue LifeSource Bits® mixture of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins gives this food a competitive edge on other similar products.
- Meat is the first ingredient
- High in quality protein
- Made with natural ingredients
- Contains a unique blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals for optimal immune health
- Contains Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acids to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Does not contain meat by-product, corn, wheat, or soy
- No artificial flavors or preservatives added
- The quality of the food can vary from batch to batch
- Some dogs develop high sensitivities to this food
The Blue Buffalo Wilderness is a great option for your Pomeranian, however, consumers have reported that batches may vary in quality. Doggies are very sensitive creatures and finding the perfect food for them may require some experimentation with different brands.
Pomeranian dog food should be full of wholesome ingredients, with no fillers and additives that make it hard to digest which is exactly what Hill’s Science does!
- Flavors Available – Chicken and Potato
- Main Ingredients – Chicken, a blend of fruit and vegetables to provide carbohydrates
- Easy to Digest – YES
- Why We Recommend – 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back
High energy Pomeranians can lose weight if they are not fully absorbing their food, so a healthy mix of high-quality protein and carbohydrates is vital.
Hill’s Ideal Balance Grain-Free Dog Food satisfies these requirements perfectly, and then some! Enriched with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, this food will have your Pomeranian bouncing around with joy!
Chicken is the #1 ingredient in this product, giving your pooch healthy muscle and strength. Carbohydrates are provided by a blend of wholesome fruits and vegetables to give your fluffy-friend a constant stream of energy. Moreover, you will find no grain or gluten in this dog food as these can cause poor digestion, allergies, and sluggishness in your puppy.
The benefits of this dog food make it worth trying out – and you can do this with confidence as they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. No matter how well dog food is made you never know how Fido will react to it. Some dogs are picky eaters; some others have sensitive bellies.
- Chicken is the #1 ingredient
- Builds healthy muscle
- Wholesome vegetables and fruits for energy
- No additives, artificial flavors, or preservatives
- Grain-free and gluten-free
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- Contains Omega Fatty Acids
- Can cause weight gain
- Quality can differ from batch to batch
This satisfaction guarantee of Hill’s Science takes the risk out of trying it for you, so why not give this brand a try?
Over the years, Rachel Ray has proven to the world that she can feed people… really well. Now she can feed your Pomeranian too with her line of Nutrish dog food. The Rachel Ray Nutrish satisfies all the criteria that one would expect from an excellent source of nutrition for dogs.
- Flavors Available – Beef & Brown Rice
- Main Ingredients – Beef, carrots, peas, potatoes, and brown rice
- Easy to Digest – YES
- Why We Recommend – When you buy this product, a portion of the profits is donated to pet charities – It’s a product that gives back!
This product’s main ingredient is US farm-raised beef to provide your pooch with the highest quality protein. This is supplemented with fruit and vegetables that are dehydrated so that they retain their natural form and you can actually see them in your dog’s food.
On top of this, this dog food is also fortified with added vitamins and minerals, and no poultry by-product meal, fillers, artificial preservatives, colors or flavors are used. Corn, wheat, soy, and gluten are also never included in the manufacturing process.
- Part of the profits is donated to pet charities
- Made in the USA to the highest standards
- Farm-raised beef is always the #1 Ingredient
- Carbohydrates are provided from wholesome vegetables and fruits which you can see
- Does not include any corn, wheat, soy, or gluten
- No additives, preservatives, or fillers
- Fortified with added vitamins and minerals
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Irregularly sized kibble due to dehydrated fruits and vegetables – if your Pomeranian has trouble chewing larger bits, this may pose a problem
The benefits of this product do not end at great nutrition. A part of the profits is donated to charity and to date, Rachel’s Rescue has given more than $21 million to pet charities. Buying Rachel Ray Nutrish DISH gives back to canines in need, and this just makes our hearts melt!
Cesar made our list because it caters for small breeds that lean towards the finer things in life. If your Pomeranian has a penchant for the refined, this gourmet line of dog food could be an excellent option for you and your little pooch.
- Flavors Available – Chicken, Filet Mignon, Porterhouse
- Main Ingredients – Protein from real meat, vegetables
- Easy to Digest – YES
- Why We Recommend – Specialises in small breed dog food, unique flavors, gourmet food for dogs
With flavors like Filet Mignon and Porterhouse, this product is sure to satisfy your doggie’s taste buds. Chicken is also available if that’s your pooch’s preference. The number one ingredient, no matter the flavor, is always meat, which provides the highest quality protein for your pooch.
The recipe is hearty, full of flavor, and only wholesome vegetables are included. It is also fortified with 26 nutrients that are uniquely needed by small breeds so you can be sure that your Pomeranian is getting a balanced and complete nutrition.
This goodness comes in a resealable bag to retain freshness so your discerning pooch will be getting an exquisite meal every time.
- Made from real meat and wholesome vegetables
- Meat is the #1 ingredient
- Specializes in small breed nutrition
- Unique flavors
- Contains 26 nutrients that small breeds need
- Resealable bag to retain freshness
- Nutritionally complete and balanced dog food
- Gourmet food for your dog
- Contains chicken by-product meal
- Contains crushed wheat, which may cause sensitivities if your pooch is allergic
Cesar does contain chicken by-product meal and crushed wheat, both of which have been known to cause some sensitivities in the digestive tracts of dogs. If you think this might be the case for your puppy, there may be alternative options that will better suit your dog’s sensitive belly.
Smaller breeds tend to need a little extra care when it comes to keeping their digestive tract healthy and to ensure they’re at an optimal weight. They need a specialized nutrition system designed with their needs in mind and the Nutro Wholesome does just that.
- Flavors Available – Chicken
- Main Ingredients – Chicken and lentils
- Easy to Digest – YES
- Why We Recommend – Made with small breeds in mind, designed to promote healthy digestion and weight management, manufacturing is never outsourced
The number one ingredient is always farm-raised chicken to provide the highest quality protein that will, in turn, help your pooch build strong and healthy muscle.
This is complemented with a grain-free recipe that sources carbohydrates from vegetables and fruits, giving your Pomeranian a steady stream of energy throughout the day for plenty of play and cuddles!
NUTRO have their own manufacturing facilities in the US, which is where all the food is made. This product is GMO and grain-free, contains no additives and fillers and is a safe option for your puppy’s sensitive belly.
- Farm-raised chicken is always the #1 ingredient
- Contains wholesome vegetables and fruit as a source of carbohydrates
- Non-GMO ingredients
- Easy to digest recipe
- Designed to provide optimal weight management
- Made in the USA
- Packed with nutrients
- Contains no artificial ingredients, flavors, or additives
- Due to a lack of grain, it can cause some constipation
- Pellets can be a little too small
Made for smaller breeds, Nutro Wholesome Essentials can have pellets that may be too small for your pooch. Also, the absence of wholesome grains in this food can mean that the fiber content is not high enough and this can lead to some constipation. Both of these factors may require some close monitoring of your doggie’s reaction to this food.
And the winner is….
Rachel Ray Nutrish DISH Dog Food with unparalleled nutrition, locally sourced ingredients, and a delicious taste according to our four-legged friends.
This goes down a treat with Pomeranians, made in the US by farm-raised beef – this dog food is also fortified with vitamins and minerals. In fact, the only fault we could find was the fact that the pieces of kibble aren’t perfectly uniform in size, we’re pleased to say this is one of the best foods we’ve looked at for any breed thus far!
Not only will you be helping your own four-legged friend when you purchase a bag of this feed, but, as a portion of the proceeds from each and every sale goes to pet charities – you’ll be helping dogs in need too.