The Whippet, much like his big brother, the Greyhound is a calm and mild-mannered dog breed with a reasonably lazy attitude towards life, interspersed with moments of utter energy.
A medium-sized pooch, the Whippet is the fastest dog breed of his size, able to run at speeds of up to thirty-five miles per hour, but most of the time he’d far rather be hanging out with his human.
5 Best Dog Beds for Whippets
A very short-coated breed, this makes for incredibly easy upkeep as he requires very little grooming, and doesn’t molt much at all. One of the cutest and most loving breeds around, why not treat your four-legged-friend by buying him one of the best dog beds for Whippets!
However, this does mean that you need to consider his warmth more than you would for a big old fluffball.
American Kennel Club Orthopedic
1 used from $13.54
- American Kennel Club self pet cuddler is 100% safe for animals, adults & kids and the environment
- Akc dog cuddler is a luxury dog bed, ideal for small to Medium to size dogs and also great for multiple cats breeds
- Nest-like walls give your pet a good support while reducing exposure to drafts, extra plush rim and cozy interior offers a feeling of comfort and security
- Made from recycled materials. Non-skid bottom ♻ Lightweight and portable, take it with you while traveling
- Rectangular bed shape tucks away nicely in any corner of the room and will complement your home décor. Size 25x21x8''. Chew resistant: No
This bolster dog bed from American Kennel Club is generously padded, probably one of the best dog beds for whippets that tend to get cold easily, with the added benefit of a fully supportive orthopedic foam to keep your pooch in optimum health.
If you’re the proud owner of an older Whippet or one that suffers from joint issues then this bed, with a low step-up, and supportive cushioning this could be a great addition to your home!
The non-skid base means that you don’t have to worry about your cheeky little pup dragging this all over your house, he can try, but he won’t get very far!
Weighing in at a lightweight 2.2 lbs, this bed is an ideal choice for any kind of travel, from making the quick trip to the grocery store more comfortable or epic road trips across the entire country!
The stylish design of the AKC is bound to fit in, or at the very least – not detract from your home’s decor, with classy burgundy, gray, or taupe to choose from.
- Supportive orthopedic foam
- Non-skid base
- Stylish design
- Machine washable and tumble dry safe
- High bolster cushions
- Cushion flattens quickly
- After washing the filling gets lumpy
- Sizing runs small
- Not very durable
- Tears easily if your pup is destructive
Coolaroo Elevated Dog Bed
- Off-the-ground bed design keeps your pet cool by increasing air flow from all sides
- Suspended platform provides added comfort by creating low-impact areas to pressure points and joints
- Fabric is made out of a breathable high density polyethylene (HDPE) fabric that helps eliminate hot spots
- Easy to wash and maintain
This elevated pet bed is one of the best beds for Whippets that aren’t into the squishy and fluffy kind of beds, if you happen to live in a warmer climate then this is going to be especially popular with your little pooch!
Having a comfy dog bed for your four-legged friend in your home is great, it gives your dog his own cozy little pup living room but you need to remember that your dog wants and needs to be outdoors for plenty of time during the day.
If you have an enclosed yard that your dog can hang out in, then this bed will not only give him some nice patio furniture, but it also helps to protect them from the dangers lurking in the grass such as fleas, mites, and worm eggs
With a strong frame, and a fabric base made from high-density polyethylene the Coolaroo is perfect for a lightweight breed and will correct care should stand the test of time.
- Flea and mite resistant
- All around airflow keeps your pet cool
- Easy to clean
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Strong powder-coated steel frame
- Connectors aren’t as strong as the frame
- Fabric is sun-damaged when left outdoors
- Bed isn’t 100% stable
- Legs bend when heavier breeds hop on
- Needs two people to assemble
FurHaven Pet Dog Bed
6 used from $16.09
- PET FRIENDLY DESIGN: The bed features soft, wraparound foam walls that promote security and provide a cozy, enclosed nestling space for pets to curl up and snuggle; the base is also water-resistant to help protect against floor spills and accidents
- SLEEP SURFACE: The walls and removable insert pillow are covered with ultra plush faux fur so luxuriously soft to the touch that no pet could ever resist snuggling into its downy comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The foam walls provide optimum support for the back, hips, and joints to ease discomfort and allow for a restful sleep; there is also a cut-out entrance to make the bed more accessible to small, elderly, and disabled pets
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Gray; Medium, 23" x 18" x 5.5" (Sleep Surface: 15" x 19")
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Cream, Lavender, Chocolate, Gray, and Pink; it's also available in Small, Medium Large, Extra Large, and Jumbo
The plush, faux fur, FurHaven is filled with a recycled poly fiberfill will keep Fido happy and cozy, if you’re the owner of a dog that is always trying to jump on the bed or couch – well, when you get this bed – he’ll prefer to stay in this than hang out with you. In fact, you might even become jealous of their cozy digs!
Featuring high bolsters all-around your pooch can enjoy great head and neck support, but don’t worry – if you’ve got an older fella or if he has stiff joints, there is a cutout step in area so that he doesn’t have to struggle.
The FurHaven comes in fifteen colors, with camel, chocolate, clay, cream, dark espresso, espresso, forest, gray, jade green, java brown, lavender, midnight blue, pink, smoke gray, and twilight all of the fabulous colors you have to choose from.
- Ultra-plush faux fur cover is machine washable
- Front cut out for easy access
- 30-day warranty
- Fifteen color options
- Recycled poly fiberfill
- Sizing runs small
- The zipper isn’t the toughest
- Not as supportive as expected
- Arrives flattened due to packaging
- Washing can shrink the cover
K&H Dog Bed
- K&H Cuddle Cube lets your pet sink into luxury and softness and supports a better sleep for your pet
- Available in multiple sizes to fit any cat or dog; ideal pets that love to curl up and sleep
- Cover is made of super-soft yet durable Berber and the fluffy fill is made from recycled plastic bottles
- Removable plush cover and inner liner make machine washing a breeze for easy care
This cube-shaped dog bed from K&H Pet Products gives your Whippet a great big pillow style bed to flop on and hang out.
With a super fluffy cover for extra comfort, you can easily keep this bed in tip-top condition with regular washing, and it’s as easy as zipping off the cover and throwing it in the wash!
The nonslip base not only protects your floors from zip scratches, but it also helps your home to stay looking tidy, especially if you have a playful Whippet that likes to take a flying leap into his bed!
If you happen to have multiple pets/dogs in your household, this bed also comes in other sizes so that everyone can have their own zone without feeling left out, or like their pup pals are getting the better bed.
The K&H Pet Product comes with a limited one year warranty, you should double-check what this covers as many companies only cover manufacturing error, and rarely would this include wear and tear or damage due to a destructive pooch.
- Non-slip base
- Removable cover is machine washable
- Impressive 12-inch thickness
- One year limited warranty
- Multiple sizes available
- Cover sheds a lot
- Flattens quickly
- Not as firm as expected
- Definitely not the bed for chewers
- The zipper could be better quality
Milliard Memory Foam Dog Bed
- Comfort- The Milliard 4" Dog Bed offers the perfect combination of support and luxe comfort by combining a sturdy foam base with a luxe memory foam layer.
- Quality- Made from durable materials and superior workmanship for a longer lasting bed.
- Convenience- The washable cover zips off and goes in the washing machine for easy care.
- Tested- The rubber grips on the underside of the cover are non-slip, and all our foam is certified by CertiPUR to be low VOC and free of heavy metals.
- Size- The medium dog bed measures 34in.x22in.x4in.
This Milliard dog bed is perfect for use in crates, or simply if you want a more classic dog bed that doesn’t take up a bunch of room.
The cover is made from antimicrobial waterproof fabric and is also machine washable, having said that – when washing the non-slip dots on the base of the bed, of which there seem to be hundreds of the tiny little things, come loose and get absolutely everywhere.
Relieve your Whippets aching joints after a long hike, or a fun-filled day of playing fetch at the park with this orthopedic memory foam bed!
The cover is hailed as being waterproof thanks to a super-duper TPU coating, however, I’d say it’s more water-resistant.
Either that or the waterproof effect wears away a touch with washing.
The Milliard comes in multiple sizes, with small, medium, large, and extra-large – we’d recommend the medium size for the average-sized Whippet!
- Antimicrobial waterproof cover
- Non-slip base
- Machine-wash safe
- Great support with memory foam base
- Perfect for use in a crate
- Anti-slip dots fall off over time
- The cover isn’t the strongest fabric
- Mattress breaks apart with use
- More water-resistant than waterproof
- Zipper isn’t strong enough
The bed that ticked all of the boxes for us was the Furhaven Pet NAP Oval Lounger Bed for Dogs with an incredibly cozy ultra-plush faux fur cover making for the softest sleeping area, and one that will keep your short-coated whippet nice and warm.
Featuring a removable cover for easy washing, the sleeping area of the bed is a separate cushion that can also be removed and washed easily.
If you’re picky about dog beds, then perhaps this one will be a touch easier for you with fifteen colors to choose from, surely there’s something for everybody!