The Greyhound is an incredibly distinctive canine, easy to spot thanks to his unique conformation shared by only a few other breeds, notably the Whippet, and in some ways the Saluki.
Even though the Greyhound is famous for his speed, he is actually only a medium energy breed and pretty lazy.
If you’re considering this breed as the newest addition to your family, perhaps one of the most important purchases will be finding one of the best dog beds for greyhounds – because he’ll probably spend a lot of time there!
Best Dog Beds for Greyhounds
Thanks to his incredibly short coat, the greyhound requires little grooming but may require doggy clothing to keep him warm in the winter, depending on your climate. The Greyhound is usually better with children when raised with them, but otherwise can be a little nervous around them because of his independent and quiet nature.
4 used from $44.28
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The classic bolstered sofa design promotes ultimate comfort and security, providing high-loft orthopedic cushion support as well as a super cozy nestling and burrowing space for dogs and cats
- SLEEP SURFACE: The pet sofa features brushed quilted fabric that is gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling and burrowing comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The egg crate orthopedic foam base helps cushion pressure points and improve air circulation, while the fluff-filled bolster railings support the neck, back, hips, and joints; both help to ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Navy; Jumbo, 44" x 35" x 8" (4" Foam; Sleep Surface: Approx. 32" x 29")
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Coffee, Wine Red, Toasted Brown, Navy, Silver Gray, and Iron Gray; it's also available in Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, and Jumbo Plus
One of the best dog beds for greyhounds, this couch style dog bed is not only aesthetically pleasing as it looks like a piece of proper pooch furniture, but it’s also made of the finest quality materials including an egg-crate orthopedic foam designed to support your dog’s joints and keep them healthy for the long term!
The bolster supports are one of the greatest features, most beds have bolsters all around, but with this one, it’s only on three sides; meaning your dog has the choice to use them or not depending on his mood.
With a whopping seventeen color options to choose from, including plain, and patterned dog beds in plush, fleece, and velvet fabric styles; you’re highly likely to find one that matches your own human couch pretty closely.
Choose from diamond blue, diamond brown, diamond gray, fleece coffee, fleece cream, fleece Orion blue, push clay, plush deep pool, plush espresso, plush gray, quilted navy, quilted silver-gray, quilted warm brown, quilted wine red, velvet dark sage, velvet harbor blue, and velvet smoke gray.
- High bolster edges for comfort and support
- Water-resistant base
- The classic pattern for an aesthetically pleasing piece of doggie furniture
- Orthopedic foam for unparalleled joint support
- Low VOC foam
- Beds sometimes arrive not looking new
- Color fades quickly
- Zippers aren’t the best
- Not as padded as expected
- Cover sheds and it gets everywhere
4 used from $36.12
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The classic pet bed mattress design gives both dogs and cats plenty of room to sleep in a variety of different positions, with the gusseted sides providing additional cushioned loft for enhanced nestling and lounging comfort
- SLEEP SURFACE: The main sleep surface is lined with thick, cuddly soft, plush curly faux fur that is gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The egg crate orthopedic foam mattress helps distribute body weight, cushion pressure points, and improve air circulation to help ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep;
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Gray; Jumbo, 44" x 35" x 4"
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Cream, Chocolate, and Gray; it's also available in Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, and Jumbo Plus
This bed from FurHaven is a good basic bed and likely would be ideal for crate use or traveling as it’s so lightweight, but if you’re looking for something with a lot of padding then I’d skip looking at this one as it doesn’t provide a lot of padding to your pooch.
The removable cover is super handy and easy to remove and throw in the washing machine, you can then either hang up to dry or pop it in the tumble dryer on low!
Many dogs aren’t a fan of surrounding bolster cushions, and if your greyhound fits this description, this could be a good option.
With a bunch of colors to choose from, you can either have a camel, chocolate, clay, cream, dark espresso, espresso, forest, gray, jade green, java brown, midnight blue, pyramid gray, pyramid latte, sherpa/clay, sherpa/espresso, sherpa/navy, smoke gray, southwest espresso, southwest indigo, twilight blue, camel suede, or espresso suede!
- Removable cover machine wash and tumble dry safe
- Orthopedic foam for joint support, comfort, and breathability
- Water-resistant base
- Low step-up ideal for older dogs or those with joint issues
- Ultra-plush options available
- Flattens down with use
- The cover fabric is very thin
- Not as padded as expected
- Cover sheds
- Wouldn’t be ideal for heavy breeds
1 used from $67.06
- Large Orthopedic Sleeper: 40” x 30” x 10" - Ideal for Medium to Large size dogs and also great for multiple smaller dogs. Can easily hold up to 100+ lbs and fitted for pets up to 36" in length.
- Inner Dimensions of Sleeping Space: 36" x 24" - Crafted with top-of-the-line workmanship and premium materials, it is built to both provide the ultimate sleep experience with superior overall comfort and to last. Perfect for dogs of any ages, especially older dogs with joint, bone or arthritic problems.
- Premium Materials include: (1) Ultra Soft Polyester Cover with a luxurious quilted design, (2) 3.5" of Solid Orthopedic Foam base for the optimal balance of comfort, reduced joint pain and improved health & mobility. (3) Extra Comfy Cotton-Padded Rim cushion to instantly contour to your pet's neck and provide constant support and decompression for ailing necks and heads.
- Sleek and Luxurious quilted design to improve any family's home decor. Comes with a built-in nonslip rubber backing on the bottom side of the cover to prevent any sliding on wooden and tiled floors.
- Easy to clean & maintain: Removable and Machine-Washable cover. Simply put it on gentle / delicate cycle. Even easier to spot clean and remove hair.
This gray dog bed from BarksBar is one of the best beds for greyhounds that want somewhere cozy to lie but not a lot of bulk.
Made with premium materials, including an orthopedic egg-crate foam inner, and ultra-soft polyester cover, the bed isn’t the thickest and wouldn’t provide enough support for a very heavy dog, or one with joint problems, but it’s great for the average dog.
With bolster cushions providing neck support, this bed places your dog in a spine healthy position!
By lifting the head and neck, your dog will straighten his spine which is incredibly good for his overall joint health!
The cover for this bed isn’t the thickest and will tear if your dog likes to dig into his bed before he lies down, but if you have a quiet pooch – this is great to throw in the wash, albeit perhaps a bit tricky to get out of the cover and back in again.
Even though this dog bed only comes in one color, the gray colorway is very smart and classy, especially due to the quilted design around the edge of the bed!
- Made with premium materials
- Quilted design that looks at home in a five-star hotel
- Removable cover is fully machine washable
- Bolster cushions provide neck support
- Four-inch solid orthopedic foam base
- Less padding than expected
- The bed has a chemical smell when unpacked and needs airing out
- The fabric cover isn’t very thick
- Sizing runs small
- Covers are tricky to remove and replace
K&H Pet Products
- ELEVATED DOG COT: Raised dog bed helps pets stay cool in warm spring and summer months by allowing air to circulate and keeps pets off wet/cold ground with 9" ground clearance
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE: Lifted pet bed with breathable mesh center is great for indoor and outdoor use. Slip resistant rubber feet provide protection for indoor flooring and water resistant mesh center repels moisture
- STRONG & STURDY: Dog cots lightweight metal frame and heavy denier cover holds over 200 pounds, durable and tested for strength
- EASY CLEAN-UP: Removable cover is machine washable and can even be hosed off outdoors
- QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY: Easy to assemble and disassemble, no tools necessary making this bed great for use during travel, camping, picnicking and more
This original elevated dog bed from K&H Pet Products is an incredible choice if you happen to live in a warmer climate as it provides 360-degree constant airflow, thus protecting your lovely greyhound from developing hotspots that can not only cause discomfort to your dog but pain as well.
The sturdy frame can hold over 150 lbs, and not only is it tough, but incredibly practical too – being mold, mildew, mite, and flea resistant.
No need to worry about all sorts of creepy crawlies making their way into your dog’s bed with this incredible raised invention, now they’re as safe as can be on this high platform!
If ease of cleaning is important to you then this dog bed wins that medal hands down!
Unlike conventional dog beds that require you to put the whole thing in an industrial-sized washer, or remove numerous cover to wash – this one only needs wiping down, or spraying off with the hose!
Choose from chocolate/mesh, gray/mesh, and chocolate/black colors to fit your home, and yard!
- Waterproof 600 denier fabric base
- Tool-free assembly
- Non-skid rubber feet
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Keeps your pet cool with constant air circulation
- Fabric base can tear if your dog has sharp claws
- Heavier dogs can stretch out and ultimately break the platform
- Not as sturdy as expected
- A little tricky to put together – needs two people
- Seams aren’t the strongest
Majestic Pet Products
- 52-inch Black Bagel Pet Dog Bed
- Base made of waterproof 300/600 Denier
- Stuffed with a Premium High Loft Polyester Fiber Fil, Machine washable
- Made in the USA
- Outside Dimensions-52-inch by 36-inch Inside Dimensions-46-inch by 30-inch Bolster 14-inch high,Cushion 10-inch high
This bagel shaped dog bed is one of the only beds that measure bigger than we were expecting, with a central sleeping area surrounded by full bolster sides to give your dogs additional neck and head support.
The bolsters also do a great job of keeping the heat in, and making sure that your greyhound stays warm, even in cold winter months!
Machine washable and tumble dryer safe, you can keep this bed looking great for a long time by maintaining a good cleaning schedule!
And not to mention, the fill isn’t the sub-par second-hand fill, oh no!
This bed is filled with nothing but the finest quality high loft polyester fiberfill.
With a waterproof denier base, you can take it outside on a sunny day and let your dog layout there, then simply wipe clean the base before bringing it back inside!
Avoid the normal hassle of having to wash the whole thing when giving your beloved pooch a bit of fresh air.
- Shaped like a bagel
- Made in the USA
- Machine washable and tumble dry safe
- Waterproof denier base
- Filled with premium high loft polyester fiberfill
- Sizing runs large
- Base of the bed is slippery
- Crinkly noise when dog steps onto it can spook them
- Bolster sides don’t stand properly upright
- Lumpy filling
The K&H Pet Products Original Elevated Pet Bed is a fantastic dog bed for indoor and outdoor use which is a nice change from the majority of beds that can’t withstand the elements.
Take this outdoors on a nice sunny day and let your greyhound basque in the sunshine, or throw them out when you’re having guests over, and if it’s a bit cold just pop a blanket or cushion on top to keep them warm!
Super easy to assemble and even easier to keep clean, this is a great bed for owners with mobility issues that can’t be throwing covers in the wash every other day.