When it comes to dogs, there’s no simple ‘one collar fits all’ principle. The best dog collar for your Doberman is one that reflects its lifestyle, preferences, and needs. A dog that heavily pulls on the leash will benefit from using a no-pull harness, while a well-trained pup can sport an elegant leather collar without any risk of snapping it in half.
The style, size, and material of the dog collar are all crucial for making the right decision. Dog owners tend to prefer leather collars because they look great and seem more durable than synthetic ones.
But what many don’t take into account is that leather is more difficult to clean and requires more maintenance than artificial materials like nylon.
The dog collar for your Doberman has to serve both of you well. It needs to be comfortable and safe for the pooch – but after all, you’re the one washing it and taking care of it.
With so many criteria to consider, the decision about the perfect dog collar might seem a little bit daunting… But look no further because we’ve put together a comprehensive guide to the best Doberman dog collars! We weigh the pros and cons to help you decide on your purchase.
Best Doberman Dog Collars
We’ve talked about style, now let’s talk functionality. The EzyDog is all about preparing your dog for any type of adventure it might encounter on a walk.
- Width – 1.75’’
- Colors – Black / Blue / Candy / Green Camo / Orange
- Waterproof – Yes
- Why It’s Recommended – Extra practical for all dog adventures
This dog collar is completely waterproof and made from a fast-drying material ideal for Dobermans who love to swim, splash and roll in the mud. The D-ring from stainless steel is made to last, and easy cleaning means that you can maintain the collar in a flawless state for a long time.
And have I mentioned that it’s supposed to retain less odor than traditional collars? Yup, say goodbye to poop stink (thank God). Plus, there’s integrated reflective piping so that your pup can stay safe on night-time walks. They have really thought of everything, haven’t they?
All of this sounds great for us owners, but will the Doberman enjoy this dog collar too? It’s soft, padded and very comfortable during movement, so pups love it for playing and exploring.
- Easy to clean
- Stainless steel buckles
- Reflective elements for visibility
- Dries quickly
- Comes in many colors
- Comfortable and soft
- Big flashy logo
- Compromise on the aesthetics
Nothing comes without flaws and sadly neither does this collar. The big flashy red logo seems a bit unnecessary (after all our dogs are not walking advertisements) and the general design of the EzyDog Collar could have a little bit more style. But hey, it’s practical!
Beirui Sharp Spiked
- THICK & SOFT PU LEATHER ADVANTAGE – As you know, it’s hard to hold a macho badass dog.Always the leather is ripped when you walking or training with them. This soft thick PU leather will get you out of the misgivings
- DOG NECK DEFENDER BY SHARP RIVETS – The most bothersome situation is your pet get out of your control and attacked by others. The sharp spikes will make he or she get all jacked up before you can do anything.
- CHORMED D-RING FOR LEAD ATTACHING – A heavy duty D-ring which studded by for mushroom reviets plated for leash attachment,sturdy enough for walking or training dogs
- ATTENTION – For the rivets are accurately sharp, it’s not safe for dog wearing while playing with your children.Please take a good control of your dogs while waering this collar
- TO TAKE A CORRECT MEASUREMENT – Please taking a proper correct neck circumference measurement before you order. Make it as the instruction as picture says. If you’re not sure, you can contact us and we will give you timely and professional response.
Dobermans look badass by nature. There’s no denying it. But this spike studded collar definitely adds a wow factor to your dog’s look – it’s leather, it’s sharp, and it’s simply cool.
- Width – 2’’
- Colors – Black / Pink Leopard / Red / White
- Waterproof – No
- Why It’s Recommended – Super soft leather on the inside, badass spikes on the outside
Watch out because the signature spikes are rather large and really really sharp. If you have kids or other dogs at home, we recommend that you sit this one out. Even adults should be on their guard while their pet is wearing this accessory. Unexpected cuddles from your loving pooch can turn into severe scratches!
Despite the dangerous look, this dog collar for Dobermans is all nice and soft for your pup. The leather is thick, and there is nothing on the inside to hurt the dog’s neck. The buckles are metal and extra heavy-duty, especially for active and powerful canines. The owners have reported no problems with walking their pets on this collar.
This model comes in a variety of sizes and four different colors (something for every occasion?). It’s a great conversation starter on walks and a show-stopper at competitions. Prepare to get a lot more compliments coming your way when your Doberman is sporting this badass dog collar.
Note that if your pup is still in training, this might not be the most fail-safe solution for walks.
- Thick & soft leather
- Heavy-duty D ring
- Sturdy enough for walks
- Available in many colors
- Looks truly badass
- Great conversation starter
- Not safe around children / other dogs
- Sharp spikes can damage furniture
- Colour rubs off quickly
- Untrained Dobermans can snap it off
We’ve heard from Doberman owners whose dogs simply snapped off the spike studded collar when they got too excited. Still looks great worn around the house, though!
1 used from $13.75
- FITS DOG NECK SIZE 18 to 21 INCHES – Width is 1.5 inches – Total Length of Collar is 24 inches – (Please measure your dogs neck size before ordering.) LOOKS GREAT WITH OUR MATCHING PADDED DOG LEASH – SEE BELOW –
- NEED A PLACE FOR DOG TAGS? No problem, we have you covered with a built in small ring next to the buckle.
- BEAUTIFUL TWO TONE COLOR WITH SEALED EDGE – Brown and cream with soft inside sheepskin leather padding. As dog lovers ourselves, we designed this dog collar with your dog’s comfort in mind. The buckle and d-ring are made with solid brass hardware that’s lacquered to prevent rust and corrosion.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY AND WORKMANSHIP: Made with full grain NATURALLY TANNED genuine leather. No harsh chemicals or dyes are used. Why obtain average when for about the same money you can have the best.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE : We guarantee it, and we mean it. This is not a 30 day or 6 month keep your receipt “warranty”. We believe so strongly in the superiority of our product that we back it with a lifetime guarantee. If one of our collars ever fails due to materials or workmanship a replacement collar will be provided.
Leather is classy and timeless, and not just for human fashion. Your Doberman will look great in this real leather dog collar and with the lifetime warranty, this one will truly last you forever.
- Width – 1.5’’
- Colors – Black / Brown / Tan
- Waterproof – No
- Why It’s Recommended – Comfy and timeless
Soft Touch Collars are beautiful two-tone collars that come in black, brown or tan with different colored padding. The buckle and D-ring are made with non-corrosive brass which looks pretty elegant, and the overall aesthetic is on point.
But looks are not everything that these dog collars have to offer to your Doberman. The inside is softly padded with sheepskin which prevents neck irritation and ensures extra comfort for the pup. If your dog’s skin is particularly sensitive, this might be a good option for you: the leather is naturally tanned with no use of harsh chemicals or dyes.
Another great thing about this model is that the D-ring is located on top of it – making it easy to attach the leash even if you’re handling an overexcited pooch. Apart from the D-ring, you’ll also find a separate ring next to the buckle to attach your dog’s name tag. So practical!
- Real leather
- Non-corrosive brass buckle & D-ring
- Soft padding for extra comfort
- Timeless style
- Built-in ring for name tags
- Lifetime warranty on the product
- Limited sizing
- High maintenance
Before you buy a Soft Touch Collar for your Doberman, make sure you measure their neck properly. We’ve heard that the sizing is limited and some dogs fall in between two sizes.
- Crash tested Certified: Most broadly sold crash tested car harness for dogs; enhanced strength Harness is crash tested for dogs up to 75 lbs.; Tested at calspan’s Buffalo, NY crash test facility- test procedure for pet safety harness restraint systems, procedure developed at same facility that maintains Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 213 for child restraint systems and conducts car seat performance tests for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Adjustable and comfortable everyday harness: great everything harness for everyday use! Product is crash tested, includes NO-PULL D ring for effectively training dog not to pull by spinning dog around, has five adjustment points for customizable fit on dogs of all shapes and sizes, Includes dog tether for car, and broad, padded chest plate for extra protection and comfort; that’s why it’s the most broadly sold crash tested dog Harness in North America
- Dog seat Belt tether included: dog tether (Seat Belt loop with attached carabiner) is included and compatible with any car seat belt system; can also be used as lead for training
- Size and fit: Large fits dogs with neck 18-30 inches and chest 24-34 inches; Please refer to Kurgo size chart for information on how to properly measure your dog.
- Lifetime Warranty: Product includes hassle-free Kurgo lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects when purchased new from authorized dealer. For questions, please contact Kurgo customer service at 877-847-3868.
Is your Dobie a puller? With that weight and strength Dobermans can pretty much take us anywhere they want with them. And even if we manage to stand the ground, the pulling dogs choke on their collars and end up harming themselves. The Kargo Tru-Fit are here to prevent pulling and can be used for non-pull training as well.
- Colors – Black
- Waterproof – Resistant
- Why It’s Recommended – Prevents pulling and safe for the dog
Dog harnesses distribute the pressure over the chest and shoulders, so the pups don’t strain their necks and throats as much. This helps to prevent choking and is a safer choice for a pulling dog. This particular harness has extra padding on the chest for added comfort and soft straps over the body to prevent rubbing.
The harness has a D-ring on top for regular walks and another one at the front for training. If the leash is attached to the front plate of the harness and your dog tries to pull, the harness simply turns it around – hopefully teaching it over time that pulling is not effective.
Extra perks include quick-release buckles and a dog seatbelt for safe car travel. We’re also really happy that this dog harness is machine washable. Finally, a quick and easy way to keep your pup’s collar clean, fresh and odor-free.
- Prevents pulling
- Prevents the dog from choking
- Lifetime warranty
- Includes dog seatbelt
- Machine washable
- Padded chest plate for extra comfort
- Quick-release buckles
- Doesn’t fit all dogs perfectly
- The design is not very appealing
There are five adjustment points on this harness allowing for a customized fit – which is great, especially given Doberman’s unusual body shape.
Still, the biggest concern with the harness solution is that when it comes to dogs, there is no such thing as one size or shape fits all. Some pooches might be a little bit too broad- or narrow-chested for the Kurgo Tru-Fit harness to work perfectly.
- Neck 18″-26″, Width 1″, Size Large; The collar does not stretch itself, please make sure leave ONLY 2 fingers between collar and dog neck. A properly fitting collar and harness won’t leave any room for your dog to chew.
- The collar is not for tie out. NEVER leave your dog unattended with a collar on. This collar is a single product. Its matching martingale collar (B07587F3L1) /leash (B01LWN6HZR) /harness (B01M2UN9D8) /lanyard (B075KBDWV5) sold separately
- The 3M reflective threads are only stitched in part of the polyester webbing. Not the entire webbing is embedded with reflective threads. The black color buckles are made of ecofriendly plastic. The metal D ring is matt grey coated to add durability.
- The loop tied to the logo is specifically designed for the purpose of attaching dog charms, tags, pendants or accessories. Please do not attach any dog leash with this loop.
- All pictures are taken with our production samples from a size of Medium (Width 3/4″, Neck 14.5-20″); Please measure your pets carefully to make a safe and fit purchase. Always look at the size chart for the recommended weight range to confirm the size.
There are many badass studded or spiked dog collars for Dobermans out there, but what if you’ve got a lovely kind-hearted Dobie or if you’re trying to fight the ‘dangerous dog’ stereotype? Well, there’s always the Blueberry.
- Width – 0.75’’
- Colors – Various prints
- Waterproof – Resistant
- Why It’s Recommended – Practical collars in funky prints
They come in a huge variety of funky prints including flowers, geometrical patterns or tribal motives. This model is a fun accessory and a great alternative to the typical Doberman look with spikes and chains. Who said only small dogs can wear pink rose collars?
It’s a shame that the Blueberry Pet logo on the design is so big, but at least you can customize this collar by attaching your pup’s nametag to an extra loop provided especially for this purpose.
In this case, the unique design goes hand in hand with functionality. These dog collars are made from durable polyester and neoprene – which makes them water-resistant and sturdy. The chrome-coated D-ring is also ready for heavy-duty. And, importantly, they are washable. So you can easily get rid of the traces of whatever mischief your pooch was up to!
- Huge variety of prints
- Chrome-coated D-ring
- Very durable
- Soft & comfortable
- Colors fade with time
- Big brand logo
What a decision to make! From a badass (but potentially harmful) spiked collar through a classic leather option to no-pull harness, we’ve reviewed quite a range of the top Doberman dog collars here.
The verdict? With the ratio of quality to price, we think that the winner has got to be Soft Touch Collars Luxury Real Leather Padded Dog Collar. This dog collar is as soft and comfortable as a dream, it doesn’t irritate sensitive skin, and there’s a lifetime warranty on it. Plus, it looks great on Dobermans!
We’ve spoken to many Dobie owners who have been using this dog collar for years and can’t imagine walking their pets without it.
BUT… keep in mind that this is a choice for a well-trained Doberman after the leash training. An over-enthusiastic pup might snap through this one or hurt themselves trying, so a dog harness could be a safer option for them.
Best Doberman Dog Collar
From spikes, to cushioned leather and everything in between. Read on for our top recommended collars for dobermans.