The majestic greyhound is well known as one of the fastest dog breeds in the world, able to run at a staggering 40+ miles per hour!
The Greyhound can’t quite compete with the Cheetah who can run at 75 miles per hour, but he could overtake many racehorses on the track!
Surprisingly, for such a fast dog, the Greyhound is a relatively lazy breed, preferring to spend much of his time curled up on his bed or hanging out in his crate.
Best Dog Crates for Greyhounds
Buying a crate for your beloved pooch is also a great way to make sure that he always feels at home while you’re traveling – ideal for families that love their road trips!
4 used from $68.31
- ICrate the 'All Inclusive Dog Crate' Includes Free divider panel, durable dog tray, carrying handle, 4 'roller' feet to protect floors & the midwest quality guarantee 1 year warranty
- Large double door folding dog crate ideal for dogs w/ adult weight of 71 to 90 pounds, convenient divider panel allows crate to expand as your dog grows, mesh 1.5 x 7 7/8 inch; crate size 42 length x 28 width x 30 height inch
- Your dog's home while you're away from home: Durable design creates a safe place for your pet while you're away & caters to your dog’s natural “den” instincts
- Safe & Secure Home: Two heavy duty slide bolt latches firmly locks dog crate door in place, keeping your dog safely inside their dog crate; ABS plastic pan Included provides a flat floor for the comfort of Your dog, plus it is WaterProof and will contain Spills if he has an accident
- Easy assembly & portable design: Sets up in seconds w/ no tools required for assembly & folds flat for convenient storage or travel, Roller feet protect hardwoods, make repositioning easy
The MidWest iCrate is a good choice for your greyhound whether they’re fully mature or just a little puppy, with the interior dividing panel, you can make the crate smaller inside for your smaller pup and then move, and eventually remove the partition when your dog is fully grown!
With the leak-proof plastic tray base, you won’t have to worry about any little accidents leaking through onto your new carpets – equally with the roller feet you can place this onto hardwood floors without worrying about scratches!
The two-door system is perfect for any size home, just tuck the crate out of the way, and you’ll still be able to access one of the doors to let your greyhound in and out!
Not the lightest of crates, the MidWest iCrate more suited to permanent use in one location, although you could travel with it if you don’t mind carrying around a 35lb crate!
- Comes with two doors for easy positioning in the home
- Easy clean waterproof base
- Assembles without tools
- Roller feet to save your floors
- Divider panel ideal for growing pups
- Edges are somewhat sharp
- Not suitable for strong escape artists
- The first assembly requires two people and can be difficult
- The lock can be too secure, or not secure enough
- Materials used aren’t the best quality
7 used from $54.74
- Single door folding metal dog crate, New World dog crate measures 42L x 28W x 30H inches & is suitable for large dog breeds between 71 - 90 pounds
- Folding metal dog crate includes a leakproof plastic pan & a 1-year manufacturer's warranty
- Two heavy duty slide-bolt latches (per door) securely lock dog crate door in place, keeping your dog safely inside their pet home
- Folding metal dog crate assembles easily w/out tools & folds flat for convenient storage, travel & portability inside & outside your home
- Durable metal dog crate design creates a safe place for your pet while you're away & provides for your dog's instinctual "den" instincts
This double wire dog crate comes with not one but two doors, and not one lock, but two locks on each for added security, and less chance of little noses and paws getting caught.
The mesh of the crate itself is coated with a long-lasting e-coat finish to protect from rust and everyday damage that may weaken the structure.
We’ve all felt the pain of trying to walk past a dog crate and somehow catching yourself right on the corner, giving yourself one heck of a bruise, but with the New World crate, they’ve pre-empted our clumsiness, and opted for a rounded corner!
When looking for the best crate for greyhound use, do bear in mind that even the highest-rated dog crate in the world will not be effective, nor enjoyable for your dog if he hasn’t been patiently taught how to behave when left alone in one.
- Two heavy-duty latches per door
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
- E-coat finish
- Rounded corners
- Easy to assemble and fold flat
- Some crates have sharp edges that can cut your dog
- Strong dogs can push their way out
- Crate runs slightly smaller than dimensions given
- Wire bends easily
- Some owners have complained about receiving broken crates
Carlson Pet Products
- DIMENSIONS: 48-inches long by 30-inches wide by 33-inches tall
- SECURE ALL STEEL: Single door design with secure locking system for your pet’s safety
- REMOVABLE AND WASHABLE: Includes a black removable and washable pan
- FOLDABLE AND TRAVEL: Foldable system for portability, storage and car travel
- BREEDS: For larger breeds, up to 120 pounds
This all-steel single door dog cage from Carlson is incredibly easy to assemble, just take it out from the box, and pop it up in a minute or two!
Much better than many crates that require two people and copious amounts of time to assemble safely.
With a double lock system, you can leave your precious dog in the crate without worrying about how secure their crate is.
Not only is this one of the best dog crates for Greyhounds, but also for other large breeds too, so if you happen to be the proud owner of a multi-pet household, you’ll be able to use this for all of your dogs (well, all of them up to 120 lbs at least).
As with a lot of dog crates, there is the risk of your canine breaking out, or chewing through parts of this crate.
The best solution is to take more time to crate train your dog properly, but if that’s not an option – I would suggest going with a more permanent crate structure.
- All steel construction
- Double lock system
- Suitable for dogs up to 120 lbs
- Incredibly easy assembly
- Removable leak-proof tray
- Some exposed metal may be found
- Not suitable for dogs that desperately try to escape
- Weakens over time and can begin to bend
- The door is hard to open
- Plastic tray can be chewed through easily
7 used from $85.19
- Durable, Well-Ventilated Pet Crate For Indoor Or Outdoor Use
- Made With New Heavy-Duty Tight-Weave Mesh Fabric
- For pets up to 70 pounds
- Sets Up In Seconds Anywhere You Want To Go
- Rounded Corners Protect Home Décor And Auto InteriorThe N2-36 Measures 36"L X 24"W X 27"H When Assembled And Is Appropriate For Pets Up To 70 Pounds.
This lightweight crate is incredible for the docile dog that needs somewhere to be put when you’re having guests over, or as a shady area to keep him cool while he’s out in the yard.
The heavy-duty mesh is strong enough to deal with large dogs but can be scratched through by the incredibly keen escape artist.
As well as being incredibly well ventilated, this crate happens to be waterproof and stain-resistant, it really is the ideal holiday crate as it folds so small, and can be assembled by one person in a matter of seconds!
You will have to be careful with the zipper as it does tend to suffer the effects of wear and tear faster than all other parts of the crate, and the structure itself has been known to lose its shape over time and begin to bend like the leaning dog crate of Pisa.
- Made from heavy-duty mesh fabric
- Sets up in seconds
- Designed for easy storage
- Suitable for dogs and cats
- Not suitable for dogs that are likely to paw at the door
- The zipper isn’t the best quality
- The front screen is especially flimsy
- Doesn’t work for dogs that chew their way out of crates
- As it ages it stops holding its shape so well
Go Pet Club
- Size: 38"L x 28"W x 34"H Color: Green Sheepskin mat and carrying case is included
- Color: Green
- Sheepskin mat and carrying case is included
This super lightweight dog crate is perfect for dog owners that are always traveling, super lightweight and without the bulkiness that many other crates have it’s easy to carry, folds down to less than two inches thick, and can pop up in a flash.
While all of that is great if you own a calm dog, if your greyhound likes to wiggle around in his crate – this might not be the crate for you.
Because of the weight-saving solutions, the crate tends to fold and tip slightly when a rambunctious pooch is inside.
The sheepskin mat provides your four-legged friend with a bit of added luxury and is especially useful if you have a dog that gets cold easily.
But fear not, if there are any accidents, the mat can be easily removed and thrown in the wash (on a cold setting).
The mesh paneling in this crate provides unparalleled ventilation, but should your pup want a little extra privacy; you can simply roll down the privacy panels over the windows!
- Comes with a sheepskin mat and carrying case
- Multiple colors available
- Fold to less than two inches thick for easy storage
- Sheepskin mat is removable for easy cleaning
- Can be torn by sharp claws even accidentally
- Breaks more often from the seam
- Flimsy structure
- The zipper isn’t very good quality
- Tips over easily
And the winner is… the NOZ2NOZ Sof-Krate Indoor/Outdoor Pet Home!
This collapsible and waterproof dog crate is lightweight enough to take with you wherever you go, but also sturdy enough for you to feel safe in the knowledge that your dog will be secure in the crate!
The easiest crate to pop up and take down, with pre-assembly and single person pop up mechanism, finally there’s a dog crate that doesn’t take up all of your attention and time!
As the crate is constructed from fabric and mesh, it’s important to ensure that your greyhound’s nails are kept trims to avoid accidental tears.
Best Dog Crate for Greyhounds
Finding the best crate for you greyhound can be tricky! Never fear, we have compiled the best options.
- MidWest iCrate
- New World
- Carlson Pet Products
- Go Pet Club