Great Danes can weigh up to 190 pounds by adulthood, causing pet owners the added stress of finding a large enough dog crate for their lovable dog.
Your large but sweet dog needs a safe place to call his own.
Since dogs are den animals, crates are well suited to their needs.
It makes them feel safe and secure from outside dangers.
As a pet parent, you want to provide a warm environment for your dog, this might have you searching for the best dog crates for Great Danes endlessly.
Quick look: Top 5 Best Dog Crates for Great Danes
Large dogs don’t always fit into large crates comfortably, sometimes it takes a little shopping around to find the perfect fit.
This time-consuming task has pet parents settling for the largest crate, but it’s not always the best.
If you want the very best for your pup, consider the dog crate options for Great Danes listed below.
Your adult Great Dane is large and needs room to relax and feel safe.
This durable metal dog crate features double door configuration, removable pan, and secure slide-bolt latches.
The crate measures 54L x 37W x 45H.
This crate is considered the best dog crate for Great Danes because it comfortably fits dogs weighing over 90 pounds.
The double door configuration makes it easy for dogs to enter and exit and pet owners place items such as toys, blankets and food and water bowls inside the crate easily.
If your Great Dane is famous for escaping from his crates, the secure slide=bolt latches on each door will prevent him from escaping.
This excellent dog crate for large dogs needs to be assembled at home.
It will take two people to assemble this extra-large crate.
The crate is designed with drop-pin construction, which means the crate will remain secure and strong during use.
There is an added benefit of the “L” bar located on the top panel, it is meant to prevent the side panels of the dog crate from folding inward during use.
This added feature will give dog owners peace of mind while your dog is using the crate.
You can make your Great Dane feel more comfortable in the crate by adding a soft blanket or bed.
If your dog is extra-large and doesn’t fit into any other large crate, this crate is the one for you.
It’s the largest crate that is best suited for Great Danes.
- Non-toxic:Our indestructible dog kennel is the metal frame of treated with a multi-layer hammer-tone coating that helps the crate stand up to rust, corrosion, scuffs and scratches, perfect for indoor and outdoor use.Safe and non-hazardous dog cages protect your pet’s health, so you don’t have to worry when it chews and licks.
- Rugged :Our heavy duty dog crates Made out of reinforced steel and having all parts welded which means our heavy duty dog cage can prevent even the most aggressive canines from escaping. Sturdy metal frame provides optimal ventilation and visibility which offer your dog a comfortable and reliable environment.Suitable for most medium and large dogs,two PATENT locks with the safety buckles to prevent the dogs from opening the door and escaping.
- EASY TO CLEAN & MOVE:Our heavy duty dog crate is shipped partially assembled, just need to open it and fixed with screws, then fitted with four wheels, other locks have been pre-loaded.Usually people can finish installation within ten minutes.Removable (slide-out) plastic tray helps you to catch the fallen dog food and excrement,and allows you to wipe and clean easily.
- A door and locking caster design: the front door is suitable for pets in and out. You can attach a 360-degree rotating caster to the bottom of the cage to easily roll the cage to another position or leave the caster away for added stability.
- Size and Aftersales service:OVERALL DIMENSIONS:42“L X 31”W X 37“H; If you buy a dog crates with any quality and bite problems within 3 years, please let us know by email, we will solve it in the first time!
Suitable for big dogs, this heavy-duty durable crate is the answer to your troubles.
If your Great Dane has been escaping or damaging his current crates, this model will finally put a stop to it.
Features include a heavy-duty steel frame, big front door, rust, and corrosion resistant, and two plastic trays for easy cleaning.
This steel crate measures 42” L x 30” H x 39” H. It’s easy to assemble, you just need to put four screws into place and add attach the four wheels.
The crate has a large door, so your dog easily enters and exits, but it also includes a smaller door for easy feeding without the risk of your dog breaking free while you try to put the food and water dishes inside.
This convenient door is extremely helpful to pet parents.
This durable crate is easy to move with the use of the four wheels.
Two of the wheels lock into place to prevent accidental moving of the crate while your dog is inside of it.
Great Danes are generally difficult to clean up after, but the two plastic trays located at the bottom of the cage are easy to slide out, which makes it easy for dog owners to clean up after their pups.
Overall, this dog crate is easy to assemble, provides a sturdy environment for your dog, a convenient door to feed your dog easily and is strong enough to stand up against the largest dogs that attempt to escape from their crate.
Paws & Pals
- DIMENSIONS: 48″ L x 29″ W x 32″ H + split divider + multiple doors + versatile carry handle.
- FOLDABLE: Features a convenient space saving design, allowing it to be stored practically anywhere when not in use.
- DURABLE: Made from heavy duty solid steel, high tensile strength wire, and a black electro coat finish.
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED: Versatile design allows for an extremely easy set up. Plus, it’s super simple to take apart, fold, and store.
- MULTIPLE SIZES: Available in small, medium, large, x-large, xx-large, and xxx-large.
Are you looking for an easy to assemble crate for your Great Dane?
Pet parents of large dogs often fear the amount of work they have to put into assembling a large dog crate.
This dog crate is considered the best dog crate for Great Danes for a variety of reasons.
First, it is designed with the dog owner in mind.
Your life is made easy due to the versatile design that allows for easy set-up, take-down, and storage.
You don’t even need any tools.
This heavy-duty crate measures 122 x 74 x 81cm.
The crate is designed so it is easy to store almost anywhere.
It is made of solid metal steel that comfortably accommodates large dog breeds such as Great Danes.
Features include multiple doors, split divider, and versatile carry handle.
If your Great Dane is seeking refuge from a thunderstorm or other type of noise or environment that he or she finds scary, this crate is the perfect place for them to seek refuge and feel secure.
As a pet parent, you spend most of your time cleaning up after your sweet but very large Great Dane.
Chances are you are seeking a crate that makes cleaning up easy.
This is the crate for you.
It provides easy cleanup and an added smaller door to easily place or remove food and water bowls.
These added comforts are beneficial for both dog and pet owners.
An excellent tip for added comfort is to place a soft blanket or bed inside the crate.
Haige Pet Your Pet Nanny
- Heavy duty frame: made from rust and corrosion-resistant steel,strong and durable, hard to be damaged,nontoxic finished surface keep your dog health and render excellent anti-rust ability,suitable for most medium and large dogs,two locks with the safety buckles to prevent the dogs from opening the door and escaping.
- One door & locking caster design: The front door is suitable for pet in and out.360 degree rotated locking casters can help you to move crate anywhere easily and lock the wheels to keep the crate in place, four wheels are all lockable.
- Easy to assemble:All hardware pack included,just need to fit it with four wheels and eight screw bolts, locks were pre-assembled,Just takes 3-5 minutes to complete.
- Easy to clean:Removable (slide-out) plastic tray helps you to catch the fallen dog food and excrement,and allows you to wipe and clean easily.
- Overall Dimensions: 45″L X 30.5″W X 37″H; Internal height of the dog cage (excluding wheels): 32″H; Metal pipe spacing:2″; Metal”slat-like” floor spacing:1″ Color: Black. Attention:if you have any product quality problems, please feel free to contact us.We offer a five-year warranty.
Great Dane puppies grow fast, so it’s best to find a crate they will grow into.
You don’t want to get a crate that is too large for a puppy, even though he or she is a large puppy, but you want to get one with a bit of extra room.
If you have just brought your Great Dane puppy home to join your family, this crate should be his or her first.
The crate features heavy-duty steel wire, double stainless latches, top door, front door, rust-resistant, non-toxic paint, four wheels, and a steel tray for easy cleanup.
If your puppy is active while in his or her crate and causes it to move while they are inside of it, the two lockable wheels on this crate will prevent movement of the crate.
The top and front doors make it easy for your dog to enter and exit the crate and make it easy for you to place food and water bowls inside.
The crate is large enough to keep your dog comfortable and safe.
The easy to assemble design will only take 10 minutes of your time.
An added benefit is the steel tray which makes it easy for you to clean up after your dog.
Once your Great Dane puppy grows out of the crate, it will be time to invest in a larger crate to accommodate his or her adult size.
Sizes at adulthood vary, so you might not need a crate that is as large as you originally thought.
- Size: L 49″ x W 37″ x H44″, Interior height: 37″, Bar spacing: 1.44″. Fits for dogs up to 150 lbs
- Feeding door renders convenience for feeding. Pull out tray available for easy cleaning
- Lockable heavy duty casters provide more convenience to move the cage. Double chain lock and all metal design ensure great quality and provide best protection to your pet.
- Plastic floor grid with small holes provide more comfortable environment and better protection on pets’ feet.
- Nontoxic finished surface keep your dog/animal health and render excellent anti-rust ability
Does your Great Dane escape his or her crate regularly?
Dog owners often report their large-sized dog is able to bend and damage crates so they can escape.
If your dog has escaped the most secure crates and you have lost hope, there’s good news, this crate is strong and secure enough to stop the best canine escape artists.
The crate measures 49” L x 37” W x 44” H with bar spacing at 1.44.
Your escape dog might have been able to move their previous crates from one location to another in the past, but this crate has heavy-duty casters that are lockable and sturdy.
The convenient feeding door is an excellent addition to this large sized crate.
It allows for easy placement or removal of dog dishes without having to wrestle with your Great Dane through the larger door.
Cleaning is made easy with the pull-out tray.
If you need to move the crate from one location to another the casters come in handy and make it easy.
The crate also provides protection for your dog with its unique double chain lock.
If your dog has sensitive feet, you will be happy to learn the floor grid has holes that protect the paws and creates a more comfortable environment.
If you need to keep the crate outdoors you won’t have to worry about it rusting because it has a finished surface that will not rust.
As a pet parent to a Great Dane, you know your gentle giant needs a safe place to call home and feel secure.
The crates shown above are the best dog crates for Great Danes at any stage of life.
As your puppy grows rapidly it’s important to provide a crate large enough to keep him or her comfortable or safe.
Remember, a dog needs to be able to stand up and turn comfortable in a crate as well as stretch out and rest.
Finding the right size to accommodate your Great Dane should be easy with the selections listed above.
Best Dog Crate for Great Dane
Choose the best dog crate for your beloved Great Dane with our detailed reviews.
Paws & Pals
Haige Pet Your Pet Nanny